X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy Prosciutto??

Does anybody know where I can buy Italian Prosciutto in Japan?? Prosciutto is special thinly sliced ham.

Prosciutto in Japan

Ask your local Italian restaurant where they source theirs from. And never end a sentence with a preposition. And never start a sentence with and. And never follow the rules blindly.

Comment

My local imported food shop, here in Shimizu, usually has Prosciutto. Often it's been imported directly from Italy, but it's expensive. Sometimes they have a natively produced version which is cheaper. Thsi is isn't muchhelp to you unless you live in my vicinity, though!

I'm sure I've seen Prosciutto is ome of the larger dept. store deli sections, though...

Comment

Yamaya often sells little packets of it, as does Nissin (more expensive).

yum.

Comment

If you're in Tokyo, try Printemps dept. store in Ginza, B2. They've got a bit of a selection there, as well as lots of other imported goodies, and an OK wine corner as well. They've got some packaged 'nama-hamu' as well as blocks that they can slice for you. (tasting is allowed too)

Comment

Working...
          X