X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ever popular Japanese Heated Toilet seat

Ok, so am interested in one day possibly bringing this wonderful invention back to the USA. Has anyone done this? Are there models that are 110v? So far have only looked slightly, but wanted to know if it has been done.
    Why they don't have these in the US(especially in colder areas), I have no clue.

cuz they is nasty

yeah sure they are comfy.... but think about it
    especially those heated seats in public places....
    what kills most bacteria and viruses.... cold or extreme heat
    blood temperature is what they thrive on
    what about the whasherlette thingie................eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew think if those nasty microbes crawling back up into the warm water tank waiting to be reblasted onto a tender, unsuspecting nether region
    give me a cold seat anyday
    brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Yeah, know it would be popular, especially during the winter. I personally kinda like the cold seat in public toilets, cause feels a little cleaner. I also know they're not for sanitary reasons, and do prefer to clean my toilet seat more than once a year.
      Anyway, so think an adapter would be available? Know their is voltage converters, but they don't change wattage cycles as well though I don't think. I'm just surprised no one has brought one back yet?

Comment

dun need

well you dont need to carry on a loo seat.....
        get one here
        http://sanicare.com/warmseat.html

Features

• Toilet seat & lid w/ SoftTouch™ (automaticallylower the seat and lid shortly after each application.
        • Temperature adjustments 90F - 108F
        • Overheat cut-off fuse.
        • Auto shut-off safety feature
        • Easy installation
        • Made in Japan

No matter how cold the weather is, you're always comfortable with Warm Seat. Simply attach the Warm Seat to any standard toilet. With the Warm Seat there is no more surprises from your toilet seat on a cold day. Some times the warmest place in the house isn't necessarily by the fire place.

Call us (877) 852-2823

Comment

oh and OMG

theres this one for the sanitary minded..... i think... OMG i dunno

http://www.sani-soft.com/

Features: Ultra Comfortable patented seating surface
          Built in Ultra Fresh Antimicrobial agent
          Quick release hinges
          Available in White, Biscuit and Almond colors
          Electrically Heated Option - Makes a great gift!
          Qualities: Warmer to the touch
          Easy to clean - quickly release and ..............put it in the dishwasher! !!!!!!!!!!!
          Resists growth of bacteria, fungi, molds & mildew
          Durable quality construction

Comment

Wow, good links there. The article from Wired was interesting to read I thought. I actually know someone who has the 3.5(?) gallon one in their home installed without permission. It's a monster, never gets clogged.
            As for the bidet thing, still haven't gotten the nerve to try it out yet, maybe one day.

Comment

Wet plums

My experiances have always been favorable I always say a prayer whenever I crouch down on a Japanese toilet I am always happy to get out of it alive.My heart is full of sorrow those that get there pickled bonio fried or wet.
              I do enjoy the streamers that shoot up from the Japanese underground yes I always carry a packet of shampoo for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ELECTRIC_JAPAN@YAHOO.COM
                My experiances have always been favorable I always say a prayer whenever I crouch down on a Japanese toilet I am always happy to get out of it alive.My heart is full of sorrow those that get there pickled bonio fried or wet.
                I do enjoy the streamers that shoot up from the Japanese underground yes I always carry a packet of shampoo for that.
                Your posts are getting funnier. Stick to toilet humor and leave the Great White North in peace.

Comment

electric toilet seats in the US

This is in response to Okole 68. I was remodeling one of the bathrooms in our house in San Diego and came across the special Japanese toilet seats with all the whistles and bells at Home Depot Expo. The cost was about $550 USD. I was tempted, but we were moving back to Japan so I decided to wait. That was in 2000. I haven't priced them here. With the dollar going down in value against the yen, they might get cheaper in the US.

Comment

opps

Duh! If the dollar is devalued against the yen, Japanese products will get more expensive. Time for coffee!!

Comment

tinkle bells?

maybe bells and whistles would be better than the waterfall roars that the public girlie rooms have.... choose your tune and bombs away... I mean they did it in apocalypse now ...hehe
                      a friend of mine in europe has a loo fitted with a thing call The Snatcher that sucks out the smelly air and blows it outside.... we put a balloon on the vent pipe once and when he got up all the smells rushed back into the bathroom ..... he wasnt amuzed

Comment

Working...
                      X