X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish Wine or Champaign??

Hi! Can someone translate this for me. Just bought a kawaii bottle of something but not sure what it is!

Freixenet Brut
    Cava
    Cordon Negro

Thanks!!

Originally posted by U99A
    Hi! Can someone translate this for me. Just bought a kawaii bottle of something but not sure what it is!

Freixenet Brut
    Cava
    Cordon Negro

Thanks!!
    It is a sparkling white - quite sweet.

Comment

In honor of my 100th post, seems only fitting. It's Champaign, and cheap Champaign at that, terrible hang-over...

Comment

It cost 1300 yen and came in a fancy pants box. I didnt think it was that cheap.

Thanks for the translations!

Comment

We get it in NZ for about $10 - $12, about 700 - 850 yen. It's OK but you can get better cheap sparkling wines. BTW, you can't call it champagne if it ain't from that area in France didya know? Enjoy anyway!

Comment

yes its mid to low level spanish sparkling white wine.
            Champagne only comes from the champagne region of france.
            Brut actually really means "not sweet", cava means cow, cordon negro means black container
            so
            not sweet in the black bottle.

Generally you can tell the quality of champagne or sparkling white wine by its cork. If it comes with a real corkwood cork then its good stuff. Plastic cork ? plastic taste.

Comment

Originally posted by U99A

Freixenet Brut
              Cava
              Cordon Negro

Thanks!!
              I bought that liquid filth once only because it was the only bubbly my super stocks. I couldn't pour it down my sink fast enough and to really register my disgust I chased it with my own ____.

Use it as a gift or weapon but for God's sake don't open it.

Comment

I guess I will just serve it to my guests then!

Comment

small correction Vaca means cow, not cava. I have no idea what cava means

Comment

i don't think its spanish...maybe one or two words, it could be french also

anyways

negro=black
                    cava= (action) to dig (or in french = to undermine)
                    the others may just be names

soz...wish i could help more as I am a Spanish student but it doesn't make sense

Comment

wine trivia....

Just to back up comments by Waller before...

Champagne - sparkling wine named after the region in France where it is produced.
                      Sparking wine can also be known as Methode Traditionelle, both of which can be produced anywhere in the world.

But you can`t call all sparkling wine Champagne (unless it`s actually FROM CHAMPAGNE), although a lot of people do....

Comment

it's just...

Spanish@sparkling wine.

I understand that cava is the@name of sparkling wine from spain.
                        Also that just as you can buy poor and high quality champage, you can but poor and high quality cava.

I suspect that if you want good cava it'll be hard to find here since if you want high quality sparkling wine everyone's first reaction is to go for champagne.

Comment

Originally posted by kuro_kitty
                          i don't think its spanish...maybe one or two words, it could be french also

anyways

negro=black
                          cava= (action) to dig (or in french = to undermine)
                          the others may just be names

soz...wish i could help more as I am a Spanish student but it doesn't make sense
                          KK: spanish student? demand your money back. Cava is Spanish. Cordon Negro means Black band or label. Just as in Mumm's Cordon Rouge.

Comment

ps Cava is a Spanish champanois sparking wine and but 'champaigne' (sic) is Champagne.(hee hee).

Comment

And Cava (or maybe it"s Kava) is that fantastically weird ____ they give you to drink in Fiji which is apparently hallucinogenic. I really would like to try that one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X