X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hokusai in Ueno

Everyone should go, its unbelivably good.

Just do it!

watch the crowds

I went twice, because the first time was a Sunday and I could not see anything.
    Second time was a weekday morning and it was still packed. The works are endlessly fascinating, especially his western-style prints and the Fuji series, but they were hung and organized with no thought to the amount of people that would attend. Everyone tends to bunch up in the same places and to see any of the smaller prints I had to file past slowly in line. This aspect was extremely disappointing. The museum should have controlled the crowds better and perhaps even timed entry into the galleries or done reservation-only ticketing.

Comment

Except if your old which means you can push in front of other people Your right about the set up, a little more thought goes a long way, but WOW clearly one of the best things I`ve seen since I came.

Comment

Originally posted by naturalist
        I went twice, because the first time was a Sunday and I could not see anything.
        Second time was a weekday morning and it was still packed. The works are endlessly fascinating, especially his western-style prints and the Fuji series, but they were hung and organized with no thought to the amount of people that would attend. Everyone tends to bunch up in the same places and to see any of the smaller prints I had to file past slowly in line. This aspect was extremely disappointing. The museum should have controlled the crowds better and perhaps even timed entry into the galleries or done reservation-only ticketing.

didn`t you notice how many people were buying the books? i think that`s because they couldn`t see the pictures. i`m also surprised they don`t make a sort of path we could just walk along. you get to one end, then you`ve gotta go back to the other side. i think it took me nearly three hours

but they are fantastic aren`t they. the man really new what he was doing.

Comment

Working...
        X