Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this called and can I find it?

Hi There Everyone:

I was not sure where to post this question, but I thought perhaps the "Shopping" link would be the place!

I would like to know the name in Japanese for Cilantro? Commonly referred to as Chinese parsley or fresh coriander. My spouse ( who is Japanese) does not have a clue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, also can I find it in the general supermarkets! I would think so since it plays a role in many "Asian" dishes, but as far as "Japanese Dishes" I am un-sure.

Thank You
    Digital Girl.

Re: What is this called and can I find it?

!Cilantro!

I was sure I spelled it right!

!Bubba!

We recommend you try the following: · Check your spelling. · Remove double quotation marks. Since double quotation marks specify an exact phrase, removing them will broadens your search. · Try using fewer words. Your search may be too specific. Example: Instead of typing tax free municipal bonds try searching for municipal bonds or bonds. · Try using different words. · Rephrase your search using synonyms or related words. Example: Instead of typing Italian cuisine try Italian cooking.

Gesh!

Comment

Try RGh̗t

Thai food shops have it, and some of the larger Japanese supermarkets, esp. those with ethnic food sections.

Lot of research done with it here for its medicinal properties - binding heavy metals such as mercury.

Bon appetit

th

Comment

And you are correct, "cilantro" is the right spelling (coriander sativum)

Comment

Thank you so much TH! I appreciate the Japanese Name and where to look for it! I will shop for it over the weekend!

Thank you so much!

Comment

i live in kyoto at the moment, and ive seen cilantro at import food markets....havent seen them in reg japanese markets though... i LOOOOOVE cilantro....esp using them for mex food..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good luck finding them.

Comment

Digital Girl,

I love cilantro too but have given up trying to use it. My husband can't stand it, and it seems most Japanese feel the same way. Let us know if your guy can handle it.

By the way, besides the Japanese name already suggested, there are a few others:
              RA_[̗t, , and its Thai name, 'pak chee'.

Comment

Working...
              X