X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con installation

Not quite sure where this should be posted.

Have picked up a cheap nearly-new air-con to discover that it may cost anything up to 30000 to have the thing fitted. My apartment is really old and the landlord said that the outside bit couldn't go on the wall as it is too close to the next house. I don't have my own balcony but share one with the other tenants on the third floor.

The places I've asked around in (Nipponbashi, Osaka) say they'll fit one for 10000 or so if it is bought from their shop, but quote much more if not and say it is a "difficult" job as I'll probably need a pipe longer than 7m to connect it to my room.

I'm not sure where to turn to next. Can anyone recommend an electrician around Osaka area?

Re: Air con installation

Welcome to Japan....

Your "bargain" is going to cost you much more than a brand new one with warranty.

Comment

What craplo said.

Comment

Why didn't you think about this situation before buying it? Of course the problem could be solved if Japan ever picked up on that invention known as central heating and cooling. How stupid is it that you go into a regular Japanese house and face on of two scenarios: there is only one room with an aircon, which means everybody is stuck in there in summer and winter whether they like it or not, or each room has its own unit, which all churn away using valuable and expensive electricity. Is it so difficult to put one machine on the roof of a house and build air ducts to every room?

Comment

What's up with you? Heat getting to ya? Of course I had thought about it before I bought it, I'm not a complete baffoon. All my friends suggested it would be 10-15k. As it happens it was bought on my behalf by my Japanese boyfriend as it was a really good price for a nearly-new machine. He seemed to think that 28000 was a fair installation price but I didn't. Anyway, now I'm lovely and cool and managed to find a local to do it for a reasonable price......much cheaper than a brand new 10 mat machine with warranty. I thank you.

Comment

Hi there,
            Got a similar scenario and was wondering whether you could share your installation contact and cost estimate. We live in cnetral Tokyo too. Thx and enjoy the rest of the weekend, D

Comment

Originally posted by DRintokyo
              Hi there,
              Got a similar scenario and was wondering whether you could share your installation contact and cost estimate. We live in cnetral Tokyo too. Thx and enjoy the rest of the weekend, D
              Didn't she say she was in Osaka? Either way, this post seems to be dated 2003, so I strongly doubt that OP will be around to answer your request.

Comment

Working...
              X