X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap bikes in Osaka.

I currently livein Osaka and live 20 mins away from the station.
    Because August is coming i feel i need a bike so i don`t pass out from the heat when i walk to and from the station.
    Anyone know a cheap place for bikes in the osaka area. Around the hankyu and hanshin line.
    Thanks

hello

Hello i m living in osaka...i know a good shop where there are many bikes and sometimes i go there if my bike have a problem they fix up it. they are kind people and good shop. there are many kinds of bike...used and new.
    and mountain bike new 18,000yen and other bikes new about 8000yen 7000yen and 10,000yen and some used bikes start at 4000yen.

Cheers

Comment

Re: hello

cool thanks
      where is this place??????????????

Comment

tennouji

hello sorry for late answer.....this shop stay near tennoujii and another shop is near Kyoubashi station.....i know two shops.

cheers

Comment

tennouji

hello sorry for late answer.....this shop stay near tennoujii and another shop is near Kyoubashi station.....i know two shops.

what kind of bike do you want buy ? MTB or normal bike ?
          cheers

Comment

New Hakujin

Does anyone know of any good bike shops near south Nara or Uda City? I'll be moving there in August and would like to get a bike that's not too expensive but pretty good. My wife and I will be living in Haibara for a year or two. Are bike sizes for men 6-feet tall (182 cm) very hard to come by? Would it be better to just ship over the bike I already have in Seattle?

Comment

Holy thread resurrection Batman,

But anyway. Do not in any circumstances ship YOUR bike over here, unless it's awesome and you plan to ride it in a tour de Japan or what not. You need to register your bike here and basically, if you park it wrong it'll be gone one day never to be found again in some city bike destroyer minefield.

For the bikeshops, they are basically everywhere in the big cities, but I don't know anything about Haibara so can't help you there. If I remember correctly the most common bike size is 24 (can't even remember what this number is for) for men, which is OK for a 190cm dude if you hike up the seat all the way up. 182? You're small, so no problem.

Comment

I mean, I wasn't even 16 when this thread was made.

Jesus Christ in heaven have mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by leifk2002 View Post
                  Does anyone know of any good bike shops near south Nara or Uda City? I'll be moving there in August and would like to get a bike that's not too expensive but pretty good. My wife and I will be living in Haibara for a year or two. Are bike sizes for men 6-feet tall (182 cm) very hard to come by? Would it be better to just ship over the bike I already have in Seattle?
                  I'm not sure about the airlines today but I know you used to be able to bring your bike with you for an extra $80 or so. It might be worth asking the airline when you are getting ready to book your ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Trichophyton-in-my-pants View Post
                    Holy thread resurrection Batman,

But anyway. Do not in any circumstances ship YOUR bike over here, unless it's awesome and you plan to ride it in a tour de Japan or what not. You need to register your bike here and basically, if you park it wrong it'll be gone one day never to be found again in some city bike destroyer minefield.

For the bikeshops, they are basically everywhere in the big cities, but I don't know anything about Haibara so can't help you there. If I remember correctly the most common bike size is 24 (can't even remember what this number is for) for men, which is OK for a 190cm dude if you hike up the seat all the way up. 182? You're small, so no problem.
                    I shipped three bikes to Japan. Given that a crappy bike here costs the earth and a good one twice what it would do in Europe, I maintain it was a good move. Right now I'm re-spraying and making quite a pig's ear of it.

As for sizing - buy an extended seat tube if you need to, they're fairly obtainable throughout Tokyo. I know you were talking about Osaka but frankly I hate the provinces (in any given country).

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
                      I mean, I wasn't even 16 when this thread was made.

Jesus Christ in heaven have mercy.

so have you managed to have real sex since then?

Comment

Originally posted by originaloli View Post
                        I shipped three bikes to Japan. Given that a crappy bike here costs the earth and a good one twice what it would do in Europe
                        I think a 6000y used bike is just fine. I mean, you can own 10 with the price of one good one that's for sure, but unless you really, really plan to ride it as a hobby or sport I don't think it's reasonable to bring your own. I have bikes in places I don't even know about and one of these days I'll probably bump in to one of my old ones.

Comment

Cheapo bikes

Sounds like there are plenty of arguments for and against. I do bike a lot and would be looking to take advantage of the nearby mountains. I feel like I could probably find something that works though and just sell it when I leave, but I'd like to find something nice. I'll just have to ask around when I get there. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by V׋S View Post
                            so have you managed to have real sex since then?
                            yes, indeed. plenty. well, so so! maybe.... one time.... at band camp... i mean, i sort of...

no

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
                              yes, indeed. plenty. well, so so! maybe.... one time.... at band camp... i mean, i sort of...

no

its ok, youre still too young to understand the joys of depravity, I hope your hair doesnt get in the way. Nothing beats an asia b itch with an 8ball and 14inch strap on and a motel room till monday morning,

man i wish i was 25 again........................

Comment

Working...
                              X