Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underpants vending machine?

Hello all,
    After months of scouring tokyo for the mythical underpants vending machines I thought I would ask if anyone here has seen one or knows where one is. I've read about them (lonely planet et al) and they are talked about but I have yet to stumble across one. I've looked through the streets of almost all of the red light districts or love hotel areas and have come up empty handed. It has become somewhat of an urban legend and I've been asked to track it down so any help is appreciated. BTW this is NOT to satisfy a weird personal fetish... just to satisfy the curiosity of weird personal friends back home.

Re: underpants vending machine?

Dear Ocean,
    I am afraid that I can't tell you where to find one of the mythical pants vending machines, but I can say that over 6 years I have travelled nearly the enitre country, fron Honshuu, to Kyuushuu, Shikoku and Hokkaido, and I have never seen one either! I haven't spent much time deliberately searching the red light districts, but if the machines are out there, there aren't many of them.
    all the best in your search,
    antony

Comment

JUst follow your nose

Comment

Try between Neyagawa and Korien in Osaka, Go from Korien on the Keihan line and find the main road to Neyagawa. There is a big blue vending area where I'm sure you'll find undies. There is also a UFO catcher game at the Korien Karaoke with undies.

Comment

there are loads....... ummmmmm check cheap hotels or love hotels... Disney Land and other entertainment parks (you never know how scarry these rides can be) probably hospitals and such and I have seen a few in the middle of no where along with some vending machines selling stuff I dare say here.......

Comment

ok to be more specific we are searching for the rather perverted used underpants vending machine. they've been mentioned in many travel books and myself, my fiancee and loads of friends from north america have heard about them. so now that we are here in tokyo and since it has been such a popular question among my group of friends etc. we would like specific detail on where we could find such machines.

Comment

ahhhhh I seeeeeeeee, still the internet should help here as well.

I believe this kind of vending machine

http://www.tim.hi-ho.ne.jp/george-y/dspot/buru.htm

in the middle of no where....... let me see what I can find........

http://village.infoweb.ne.jp/~fwip4651/ofs/ofs38.html

http://www.google.co.jp/search?num=1...%A9%9F&lr=

Comment

Ahhhhhhh...gotta love JAPAN!!!

Comment

Working...
                X