X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CostCo

Does CostCo have all the US products that one would normally find at a CostCo in the US, or is it a mixed bag? Specifically, I'm wondering about deodorant. Otherwise I think I'll have to do my own importing which will probably be just as economical considering the price of deodorant here.

Re: CostCo

yup... and I want one of them apple pies right now!!
    Deodorant??? American Pharmacy in Hibuya/Yurakuchou has a limited assortment of it.
    the J-stuff works for crap

Comment

No, Costco doesn't carry deodorant.
      Your only choice is to order from FBC or get someone from home to send you a supply.

To tide you over in the meantime, look for a Japanese antiperspirant, not just deodorant. There are only a few, so look for a product that says this:

制汗・デオドラント

That means antiperspirant/deodorant and should appear somewhere on the front. I don't know if you're a guy or a girl, but if you're a girl a brand called 'Rexena' has a stick type that is an antiperspirant. Doesn't work as well as the stuff from back home, but much better than other Japanese brands.

Comment

Doesnt Don Quixote have antiperspirant/deodorant from the US now?

If they dont just go to the American Pharmacy in Hibuya. they have the major brands.

Comment

FYI, the American Pharmacy in Hibiya has closed. They have other branches in the basement of the Marunouchi Building near Tokyo station, in Ueno, and in Tachikawa.

Comment

I was at Costco last week with a Canadian friend who said that it was just like the Costco they have in Canada. I don't remember seeing deodarant though. They had alot of other stuff though, like canned foods, tuna in water, washing powder etc. I often buy from the foreign buyers club as well but I tell you what, Costco goods are often half of the foreign buyers price!!! I saw things that were 900 yen in Costco but are over 2000 yen in foreign buyers. Anybody that is planning to go there remember 3 things: first, they don't take credit card unless it's their own card, so remember to take plenty of cash (believe me, I've never been to one of these stores so I only took 25,000 but I could have spent twice that much if I'd had it), also there is a fee for joining. I think it was about 4,000 yen for one years membership. If you take your business card you save about 800 or so yen, making the membership about 3,100 yen. Happy shopping!!

Comment

try theflyingpig.com

Comment

how can I get to Costco in Machida City from Tokyo or Yokohama besides driving? Is there any public transport?SB wrote:

Comment

Author: joe12345 (---.netvigator.com)
                  Date: 09-16-03 07:57

how can I get to Costco in Machida City from Tokyo or Yokohama besides driving? Is there any public transport?

Just wondering if someone could answer this last question (about directions). I'd like to swing by when I'm in the Tokyo area, but am not that familiar. Can someone advise? I looked at the location listings for Japan, but it doesn't really give specific directions.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

I don't have a membership yet; however, I was planning on getting one when I go. If it's the same as Sam's Club, you can shop the same day with a temporary membership card. Hope it's the same.

Thanks again -

Comment

Just had a look

TheFlyingPig ( Costco products) definitely has men's and women's deoderant sticks. I've used them a few times (and will continue to) and their service is very quick and good and they COD to your door.

Comment

Costco has been carrying real deodorant lately.

Comment

do you mean soap?

Originally posted by steeny
                          Costco has been carrying real deodorant lately.
                          By "real deodorant", do you mean soap?

I hate to regurgitate my anti-deodorant-ism, but WHY on earth would anyone stick that crap on their tickly parts?? It is nothing but a capitalist conspiracy to numb our brains with aluminium sulfate poisoning.

I ahve a better solution:
                          it's called Kome-nuka sekken.
                          WASH, Peeple, WASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

cards

i joined up on the day i went in and got in no problems. i went to the one i am not sure how describe it exactly, where you get off at sachiura in yokohama. when you join up the dudes in the carpark who do the initial stuff will spend a fair bit of time trying to flog you their visa. as payback i suggest going about lunchtime and eating lots of freestuff and have a smoothie. i dont know why they call it smoothie cause there is no milk in there it is just like a slurpee. last month is was guava flavour and this month is mango. bloody good - join up just for a slurpee. you cant go wrong. sorry to hijack the deodrant thing.

Comment

Costco price rises

Has anybody else noticed that Costco prices have been creeping higher and higher? It doesn't seem like an all around good bargain anymore (though you do still save on a few products). Still nice to get hard-to-find treats though.

Comment

Working...
                              X