Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cost of food&clothes?????

Hi all,
    I am going to take my TESOL diploma and come japan to teach.
    I was wondering if you can help me out in finding out how much some standard thing cost over there in jp????

How much on average does it cost to eat? per month?

How much are clothes at somewere like Zara?

I read that apartments cost about 75,000-120,000 yen...does this sound right?

I would really apreciate any advice or knowlage you can share, it is kinda hard to get info on the "day to day" things when you are a world away.

Thanks!!!

Re: cost of food&clothes?????

You can see some average prices of things at www.pricechecktokyo.com

yes, that cost of apartments is about right. Depends on where you live, of course.

Comment

Thanks for that info.

Would you or anyone else know about how much native english esl teachers get paid??? or how easy/hard it is to teach extra private classes??

Thanks for the site I will check it out!

hopefully it's in english

Comment

Go to www.eltnews.com and on the first page, lower left corner, click on teaching Guide. It'll outline basic salaries, depending on what kind of teaching you desire.

Teaching private lessons is fairly simple. Getting the roster of students takes time, so don't count on them right away. Moreover, they are generally unstable. And, you get no paid vacation time with them. Some contracts with employers prohibit you from teaching private lessons, and as much as many ignore that and do it anyway, you run the risk of breach of contract if caught.

Comment

Thanks Glenski,
          I will check that site out. Do you teach English in jp? if so can I ask you a few questions?? I have a few and I am a bit nurvous about the move....

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X