X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clothes for the actually really tall

I'm 196 cm and i've overstayed how long i originally planned. Therefore, my clothes are starting to turn to rags! Litterally, i'm developing holes in the butt of my jeans, hehe.
    Obviously you probably know my question. Where can i find pants that fit me?
    my size (in america anyway) is 34 waist and 36 length. I believe this is around like 87x91 in japan or something.

I've gone to gap, they don't carry my size, and the website is no help either (i ordered one pair that my family will forward to me, but that was the ONLY pair on the site in my size)... do you know if the stores can order larger sizes?
    does anyone know of any other stores that might carry my size?

Big and Tall stores usually require that you be BIG too... but i'm not... if i had a size 40 waist there is a store near me that has clothes. but for my waist size, they have nothing long enough.

HELP PLEASE!

Re: clothes for the actually really tall

Try lansend.com in the the US, not the Japanese site, which uses Japanese sizes.

Comment

I also find finding pants that fit hard to come by here, even at the GAP, JCrew, etc. I'm 181cms tall and wear a size 34x34 (hard to believe you wear a 34x36 at 196cms, not that I'm doubting you or anything). Anyhow, I've resorted to buying online. LLBean, LandsEnd, JCrew, GAP are the companies that I know of that use the same measuring system in both America and Japan... well, not sure about GAP recently.

I bought 4 pieces of clothing online recently that added up to US$190 ($130 for the clothes, $60 for 1 week delivery). It would have come to over \25000 for the same stuff on the japanese site, (\24000 for the clothes, \1000 for 3 day?? delivery). So it may be worth it if you bought directly from a US site. I chose the $60 delivery but it came in like 4 days. There was a 3 week, $30 delievery option which probably would have took less that 2 weeks so you might be able to save more that way.

Comment

You also might want to check out some aussie mail order companies--those aussies tend to be pretty tall... Also, the prices tend to be better than US mail order. I can't recommend any (I am an actually really short person, although not so much here), but I have tried on imported aussie women's clothes that are WAY too long for me. Also, maybe Zara for men (I am assuming you are a guy)--their women's clothes are pretty long...

Comment

Uniqlo is the answer! The poor man's gap! I am not as tall as you 190cm but I have bought pants and long sleeve shirts with room to spare!

Comment

ExAET, why would you find it hard to believe that i wear a 34x36 just out of curiosity...

I haven't checked out LandsEnd or LLBean yet, so i'll give them a try. JCrew was way too expensive for my taste, $70 for a pair of jeans? no way..

Dipchick, do you know the names of any Aussie mail order companies that i can look into?
            I'll look into Zara for men,(me being a guy) is that a company i can find on the internet?

Steve Austin, where can i find a Uniqlo? Sounds promising...

Thank you all for your advice! Hopefully i won't have to walk around with no pants (much to my girlfriend's dismay)

Comment

Adding my two cents in, I'm in the 194cm range and have yet to find any pants, other than pants for a suit with an unfinished hem, that fit. The Uniqlo in this town did not have any with a long enough inseam (also 36" for me). Perhaps those in Tokyo or Osaka have larger sizes. I have always bought online from retailers in the US, had it sent to a relative's house and received it as a "gift." It is a good way of getting around customs taxes that might apply on direct import from a company. Often the retailers will have free shipping withing the US, so only the fee to mail to Japan is incurred. As an aside, the LandsEnd catalogue I received (Japanese version), did not have clothing my size.

Comment

update:

uniqlo... nada..(style good, but no lengths over 86cm/34inches).
                landsEnd... got my size, just not my style (yeah, i'm a little picky... but jeans that don't have at least a boot cut fit just look really really dumb on me)
                LLBean (the same, but might look for shirts there if i ever need them)

still need more info on the australian thing...

thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it!

Comment

I'm 34x34 and can find loads of jeans here--and this is a pretty small town. The jeans I tend to buy are EDWIN and the hems of my current pair are frayed from trailing the ground so I guess they would fit 36'' long person. I get mine at a shop called Right-on. Not sure if they have one near you but worth a try. Price wise they cost 8000-10,000. Not so lucky with normal pants for work though--again I would say Uniqlo is your best bet.

Comment

If you are in Tokyo, Zara is in Omotesando. May be available online, I don't know. Try googling it--I'm pretty certain that it is a spanish company. As for the aussie thing, I haven't any actual mailorder shops for you, but again, google it (Australia online shopping or mail order or something like that).
                    Suerte...

Comment

try this (NZ, not australia):

http://www.ezibuy.co.nz/content/shop.php

They will ship overseas, but I think you have to order by phone. Here's that info:

http://www.ezibuy.co.nz/content/help...onalorders.php

And here's Zara:

http://www.zara.com/i03/index.php

Happy shopping.

Comment

BUT, remember, Uniqlone only works if you have Japanese size hips, bum, and thighs. Those of us with more amply rounded glutealites have a hard time fitting into Uniqlo pants (both British and Canadian pants). Even the recent styles sold as very loose fitting end up looking like paint on stovepipes.

I have found a large variety of large and tall sizes at the Gap here in Kyoto. Maybe your local store can phone and inquire around for you??

Good Luck,

Shorter, but stockily yours,
                        Kurogane

Comment

thanks a bunch! i will check those out and let you know how it goes!

Comment

like i said.. uniqlo was a no.... they had stuff i liked (i don't mind my pants being painted on, makes for a sexy look)... but they only go up to japanese length 86 (34 US)... and sadly thats not long enough no matter how low i wear them....

gap is the same, i can get stuff online from gap in my size, but they seem to be out of everything lately.

Comment

Condolences from a shorter legged bubble bum boy.

Have you thought about going to a 100 yen store, buying those roll end cloth scraps they sell, and sewing on some Groovy Hippy bell bottom cuffs? You will be all the rage in Teramachi Boulevard (or whereever), and your ankles won't get cold.

As for the painted on look, MMMNNNN????, ........to each his own ;>

At any rate, condolences. As Carole King sang, You Hvae a Friend, doo doo doo. It's a nice place, but I am starting to find the hassle of shopping for basic clothing a real pain. My current boxers look like an advertisement for an advice column on how not to wear your Lycra. Tighter than tight. But sexy, as you noted.

Comment

Working...
                              X