X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-dandruff shampoo.

Does such an animal exist in this country? I've brought along a small quantity, thinking that I'd be able to pick some up here or there but so far have been unable to find any. I've even checked at the Costco in Chiba, but couldn't find any there as well.

I've heard talk of this "American Pharmacy" near Tokyo station, under the Marinuchi (sp?) building. But could somebody provide me with directions, or failing that a general area that it would be in.

I'm also aware of websites like the Foreign Buyers Club, and Flying Pig but don't necessarily want to pay those prices as the current budget is a little tight right now.

Can anybody help, or failing that point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Re: Anti-dandruff shampoo.

They have them here. Try the shampoo called Merito (in katakana), it comes in greenish bottles. If you see 2 in 1 on the label, that means it's a shampoo and conditioner in one. They are sold separately as well. You can find them in any drugstore (Matsumoto Kiyoshi, Ippondo, etc.) or supermarket. The active ingredient is zinc pyrithione. There's another one that's harder to find --- Barugasu (in katakana also). White bottle with green cap and green letterings. I forgot the active ingredient, but it's for severe cases. If it says "fuke" and "kayumi" that's an anti-dandruff shampoo.

I agree American Pharmacy outlets are very hard to find. I saw an add for their Yurakucho branch that said "1 minute from Yurakucho Station". But then they failed to specify whether it was the subway or JR station, and from which exit (there are like 10 in that station).. I don't know about the one in Tokyo but I stumbled into one in Ueno station from the Chuo exit (there are many small shops in that area), but closer perhaps from the Apre exit. Sorry can't remember EXACTLY where it was.

If you want a recommendation (I had the same problem), I recommend Neutrogena T-Gel (active ingredient - coal tar). It worked like magic, after being frustrated with the Meritos and Barugasus and Selsun Blues.

Good luck!

Comment

neutrogena t-gel is what i use too but am at the end of the last bottle i brought from home... where can you buy that in tokyo?

Comment

Hi, Skynight. Have you checked Steve's Corner Store (http://www.stevescornerstore.com)?
        They sell Head and Shoulders for less than 1000 yen. The ship pretty fast, too.

Meriko

Comment

Try American Pharmacy -- the one I went to was easy to find -- its at Ueno station at the main exit which comes out under the tracks.

Sanosuke!
          Return to Japan - Spring 2004 (Bonus: Singapore)

Comment

Check out this thread:

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/job/vi...864&highlight=

Comment

Actually dandruff shampoo acts as a kind of "glue" to "trap" your flakes.

Follow this method, it should work well and save you the trouble of buying "dandruff shampoo"

Wash your hair with a regular shampoo. Then wash a second time using plain old soap. After a day or two you will notice the flakes are significantly reduced. i swear it works wonders, despite my skepticism. My dandruff is gone and I don't use dandruff shampoo any longer.

You can also buy natural dandruff shampoo at www.puritan.com

Comment

Anti Dandruff Shampoo

Have you tried www.expatessentials.co.uk? They deliver quicker than FBC and they sell the Tesco budget range so they might have what you're looking for. Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on.

Comment

online shopping in japan

http://japan.sendit.to/shops/beauty/

you can stock up on anti dandruff shampoos by head and shoulders, herbal essance, Ionil, Neutrogena, sunsilk etc here

http://japan.sendit.to/Home-Pharmacy_L259

Comment

merito doesnt work i think ... haha been using that for 2 weeks now..thankgod i only bought a small bottle..

but thanks i will keep my eye out for the other brands

Comment

The FORMER American Pharmacy that was near Yurakucho Station is no longer in existence. That whole building block has been demolished to make way for new construction.

Comment

Originally posted by Doraemon88
                        merito doesnt work i think ... haha been using that for 2 weeks now..thankgod i only bought a small bottle..

but thanks i will keep my eye out for the other brands
                        Really? Merito has worked for me in that I don't have dandruff and the itchy scalp I get if I don't use an anti-dandruff shampoo.

Comment

Rejoy, is Head & Sholders. Get the Fukei kind and you will be dandruff free and it's located everywhere.

-Ken

Comment

dandruff

Listerine Original formula will serve as a wonderful dandruff treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by well_bicyclically
                              Listerine Original formula will serve as a wonderful dandruff treatment.
                              This is totally true. The reason being, dandruff is caused by a fungus, which is killed by the listerine. Another solution I had success with once was rinsing in regular white vinegar (also anti-fungal), and then shapmpooing it out. And no, you don't end up smelling like vinegar afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X