X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothes and Shoes for Tall Women in Osaka and Tokyo

Hi, I have a problem, I'm 1.74m tall and can't find any jackets or shirts where the sleeves are long enough for me. Do any of you know if there are any stores in Osaka or Tokyo for tall people where they actually have fashionable clothes for tall people and clothes that are not for big people as well, cause I'm skinny.
    Also I got shoe size 25 or 25.5, do any of you know any shoe stores as well. I already checked out shoes-ten and would like to get more info.

Thanks to you all.

Re: Clothes and Shoes for Tall Women in Osaka and Tokyo

I'm 1.80m and had (still have) the same problems. I live in Tokyo and have found tall clothing at Isetan and Marui department stores. Isetan makes regular sizes but the clothes in Marui (01 Mode Department) tend to be Plus sizes. Both places sell shoes as well. The best way I've found clothes is ordering online through www.landsend.com or www.eddiebauer.com.

Comment

in namba parks there are next and fcuk shops. they are petty good. i also find gap is fine, and so are the large clothes at life. daiei also seems to have some bigger sizes. benneton seems to be ok. i recommend the one in umeda - the staff there are really friendly.

for shoes, there is daimaru in shinsaibashi, but the ones there are not all that cool. if you walk out the exit of daimaru onto shinsaibashisuji (it is the exit in front of nova and the swatch shop) right in opposite daimaru is a big shoe shop. the top (2nd?) floor has big sizes. further down shinsaibashi suji towards sennichimae (the street bic camera is on) is another one i just found. if you walk down shinsaibashisuji past tsutaya it is on the first right hand corner (there is a pharmacy on the left). the shoe shop has big shoes on the 2nd (i think) floor there too. i found one in the hankyu station that has nice sandles too. i cant remember exactly, but i think it is just near kinokuniya. basically, if you stand in front of the bookshop it is ahead on the left.

Comment

In Shinjuku (Tokyo), Plus size & Tall size ladies clothing store opened up recently. It's on the same street as Shoes-Ten. (.about 3 minutes walk past Shoes Ten). Name of the store is Himawari (meaning Sunflower). Actually it's my mom that owns & operates the store, but she doesn't speak English. If you need more info or direction in English, please e-mail me.

Himawari
        GS Plaza Shinjuku (Basement)
        7-7-24 Nishi-Shinjuku
        Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0023

Telephone 03-3361-5474 (Japanese speaking only)

§160-0023
        Vh‹æ¼Vh7-7-24
        GSƒvƒ‰ƒUVh@’n‰º‚PF
        ‚Ђ܂í‚è

The store is open on Friday, Saturday & Sunday & Japanese national holidays from 12:00-19:00
        (Closed Mon -Thurs except Japanese national holidays)

Look for the Sunflower picture on a yellow sign. Then take the elevator down to basement and you will see the store with sunflower on the door.

Most clothes are imported from USA so the length of sleeves, pants, and skirts are made for girls 5'6"(170cm)& taller. They have pants for skinny tall girls (like height 180cm+up. USA size 2, 4, 6) as well as Women's plus size clothing (up to USA size 30/32). Don't worry -they don't carry old ladies clothes, and prices are very reasonable.

Comment

This message is for the lady who came to Himawari in Shinjuku to look for a pair of pants on Sunday, May 30.

I heard they didn't have your size in stock. Sorry! They will get some more pants (including size 8 & size 6 relaxed fit) in stock probably by mid June. Please call or e-mail ahead, and we'll let you know if the new arrivals are in.

Thank you for visiting the shop!

(I don't know which posting you saw, so I'm posting the same message in 2 different places.)

Comment

Working...
          X