Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Module
Collapse

Kansai: Getting whole wheat bread and basmati rice...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansai: Getting whole wheat bread and basmati rice...

Anyone got any pointers for some good grainy whole wheat in the Kobe/Ashiya/Osaka-even area? How's about basmati rice that doesn't cost a fortune? Or, for that matter... this can be domestic even, a GOOD beer store? Kirin makes some great premium beers, but I have a hard time finding them reliably...

Re: Kansai: Getting whole wheat bread and basmati rice...

Hmm....cant help with the wheat bread, although my GF says there is a good organic bakery near her mom`s restaraunt (also organic) near JR Ibaraki station on the JR Kyoto Line.

As for rice....hmm....well, in Namba there is a int`l market called "Spicy Market"on Midosuji. Its in the same building as Dolce & Gabbana....the 1st basement level. They have a pretty wide variety of foreign foods, tons of spices, lots of oils....but over priced. For a smaller selection of stuff, but at great prices go to Yamaya in OCAT (namba station) on the 3rd or 4th floor, Great wine selection, good prices on foreign beer (for Japan), and some great prices on snacks/staple foods......I think they also have rice....but they are hit and miss at times.

I just want to find some good Full Sail Amber or Bridgeports IPA.....hmm, I miss the beer from back home.....

Comment

Re: Kansai: Getting whole wheat bread and basmati rice...

Jackie,
      Can you get the name of the bakery. I work right near there. Organic bread. YUM!

Comment

I read on another thread that Alishan/Tengu Natural Foods has a great selection of wholewheat and organic stuff.

I checked ot the website and they deliver all over Japan!

http://www.alishan-organic-center.com/en/

Comment

Working...
        X