Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Module
Collapse

Jgirl makeup: how do they look so flawless?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jgirl makeup: how do they look so flawless?

I think some Jgirls are the prettiest Ive seen in the world --- even compared to the prettiest American (of any race), Italian or French. My friend (who has also been to Japan) and me wonder what they look like when they wake up? Is their skin really that pale after just using whitening products? Or is it a very thick layer of white foundation??? It's almost unreal how porcelain their skin is and I dont remember seeing many girls with dark circles, mustaches, face stubble, moles, sunspots, etc. Besides shaving their face and spending an hour on makeup, what else do they do?

Dont use makeup myself and I just cant figure it out.
    Will someone please enlighten me? Thanks.

Originally posted by kaptain_krispy
    I think some Jgirls are the prettiest Ive seen in the world --- even compared to the prettiest American (of any race), Italian or French. My friend (who has also been to Japan) and me wonder what they look like when they wake up? Is their skin really that pale after just using whitening products? Or is it a very thick layer of white foundation??? It's almost unreal how porcelain their skin is and I dont remember seeing many girls with dark circles, mustaches, face stubble, moles, sunspots, etc. Besides shaving their face and spending an hour on makeup, what else do they do?

Less Mcdonalds?

Comment

Originally posted by metalli-kurisu
      Less Mcdonalds?
      A lot of Japanese eat McDonalds that's why there are a lot of fat people in Japan now, so much so that the government had to write a statement about the rise in obeasity in Japanese youth.

Also the it's a myth that grease gives you bad skin .. is just that a myth.

& Kaptian Krispy I think it's wrong of you to say that any Japanese girl is prettier than the prettiest Western girls. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but there are ugly people in Japan too ... damn have I seen some ugly J-girls .. of course there are many beautiful ones as well .. but saying that any J-girl is prettier than any western girl is a very wrong assesment.

Comment

Originally posted by katelove

& Kaptian Krispy I think it's wrong of you to say that any Japanese girl is prettier than the prettiest Western girls.
        She did say "some Japanese girls," not all.

Kaptain, the make-up thing may be part of it, but the Japanese girl I wake up next to just has naturally beautiful skin. She has a few beauty marks, but I like that. There are also a few things I noticed she does differently from girls back home. One is in the bath she takes a quite rough towel, puts soap on it and scrubs pretty hard everywhere. I think this probably rejuvenates the skin and takes all the dead stuff off.

She also lives pretty healthily, getting exercise and being careful not to overeat or overdrink. When you're healthy, your skin has that nice glow to it.

Never seen her shave her face, btw, though I suppose she could be hiding something...

Comment

She's still putting her own personal opinion in. There's no fact stating that japanese woman are prettier than western woman or vice versa.

Well anyways, as for their skin, I think that you're either born with good or bad skin. I have seen both western and japanese woman with beautiful skin, and the same goes with ugly skin. Some people are acne prone some are not, some people are born with moles some are not. O personally have been blessed with nice clear skin .. i have a few beauty marks on the side of my face, but beauty marks are not ugly imo. My husband is asian and has dry skin .. so yeah it doesn't depend on race it depends on genetics.

& i agree with 5 elements .. haha i have never seen any j-girl shave her face ... girls share secrets w/ other girls and all my j-girl friends dont shave their faces .. i mean do a lot of woman have that much hair on their face? ...

Comment

I bet you anything if you have them live in the U.S., they'll turn lazy and unwanted.

Comment

And how can they do a perfect makeup job while sitting on a train?? Is it something thats passed on from generation to generation??

Comment

Originally posted by katelove
                She's still putting her own personal opinion in. There's no fact stating that japanese woman are prettier than western woman or vice versa.
                Nor did I assume her statement to be anything other than a personal opinion. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder!

Comment

Jgirls

I never said **all** Jgirls are prettier than all Western girls. Yes, I've seen the plain looking Jgirls and Im not talking about them in this post. Im not a guy anyway so
                  ***who cares*** who I think is prettier!?!?! Methinks Katelove seems a bit insecure!!!

Thanks 5elements for your reply.

Anyone else know??? --- what do those gorgeous Jgirls look like in the morning? What is the secret to their ceramic like perfection?
                  Last edited by kaptain_krispy; 2007-05-02, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Actually if you wanna see flawless skin, I think Korean girls would have Japanese girls beat hands down.

Skin care products are really high quality in Japan, I can honestly say that my skin condition improved drastically when I started using them. Also, many Japanese girls get their faces shaved at este salons, believe it or not! And lastly, Japanese girls with pale skin tend to protect themselves from UV rays, but even Japanese and most Asians who get a tan will still look fine because their skin is just better adapted to that than most Westerners.

Makeup and foundations are high quality as well. And women's fashion magazines regularly showed step-by-step diagrams on how to do makeup and what products to use, which make account for fewer girls looking sloppy in their makeup. Lipsticks tend to be glossier and on the sheer side which also prevent the lips from looking too heavy on the face.

Comment

thanks pink_tako -- very helpful

I like Jcosmetics especially Albion. Any other brands you recommend?

You're right Ive seen Korean girls who would put many pretty Jgirls to shame.

Comment

I bought foundation to try in Japan - in comparison with what I usually use (Channel), it gives a matte, porcelain type of finish... it is also a lot more dense than most of european foundations I used.

Comment

The ugly truth?
                          Attached Files

Comment

I never said **all** Jgirls are prettier than all Western girls. Yes, I've seen the plain looking Jgirls and Im not talking about them in this post. Im not a guy anyway so
                            ***who cares*** who I think is prettier!?!?! Methinks Katelove seems a bit insecure!!!

Thanks 5elements for your reply.

Anyone else know??? --- what do those gorgeous Jgirls look like in the morning? What is the secret to their ceramic like perfection?
                            "me thinks" you're an idiot for even posting this.

Comment

finally, a subject I am an expert on!

Japanese women are the most beautiful women in the world, according to me.

They tend to be more petite and have smoother skin. Western women tend to be bigger (and fatter) and get wrinkles at a much younger age. Western women are usually much bustier, which is probably why many men prefer western women, but I don't find a large chest to be all that attractive. IMO, b>a>c>d.

The two complaints I have about Japanese women are their teeth and their shaving habits. Americans get braces on their teeth if they're even slightly crooked, so adults usually have perfectly straight teeth and beautiful smiles. As for shaving habits, I'll leave that to you to figure out.

Oh yea, one more minor issue: calfs. Japanese women sometimes have very thick and strong calf muscles, probably from all the walking in Japan. I don't have a good solution for that, and I don't think loose socks is the answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X