X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Book Off store in Tokyo

Could someone living in Tokyo tell me the biggest/best Book Off Store in Tokyo ? From memory the one at Harajuku was impressive.....any info appreciated....

What is a book off store?

Comment

Book off is a book store...

lets try to answer a question in this thread unlike the one just under a month ago

http://forum.gaijinpot.com/showthread.php?p=767966

I have been to about 5 , the biggest was in Kichijouji it's just near the JR Station

Comment

Book-Off in Shirokanedai

I've just seen a full-page ad in a magazine for the Book-Off in Shirokanedai. It looks pretty nice (given the area, I guess so).

Googled and found this from Metropolis:

Book Off, the nationfs largest secondhand book chain, has a wonderful branch in tony Shirokanedai that stocks around 40,000 international titles—some for as little as \200. Most of that vast range is in English, but the store also caters to readers of German, Spanish, Korean and Chinese, and imports French titles directly from its Paris Quatre Septembre branch. For language students or homesick expats pining for some familiar words, Book Off Shirokanedai has enough to keep you in reading for life. The store also stocks plenty of comics, CDs, DVDs and video games for those of you who need a little less intellectual stimulation. As icing on the cake, the Shirokanedai branch is the only Book Off with its own coffee shop, which hosts live music, visiting artists, childrenfs story times, and coffee and tea seminars.

4-3-19 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku. Tel: 03-5475-5696 (shop), 03-5475-5698 (cafe). Open daily 10am-10pm (shop), 8:30am-9:30pm (cafe). Nearest stn: Shirokanedai, exit 2. www.bookoff.co.jp

Take Exit 2 from Shirokanedai station (Mita or Namboku lines), walk up Meguro Dori, through the lights, and it's on your left, almost directly across from a high-rise called Grand Hills Shirokanedai.

Comment

Book-off is cheap if you have books to sell. They give you about 10yen per books. If anyone has books to sell or trade you are better of going to Good Day Books in Ebisu
          or The Blue Parrot in Takadanobaba. Book-off also does not do trades.

Comment

Working...
          X