Where can I buy US stamps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy US stamps?

I need to create self-addressed envelopes for school applications. Does anyone know where I can get US stamps in Japan?
    I went to usps.com but they don't mail their stamps outside the US... otherwise, I couldnt find anything.
    Any ideas?

Thank you!!

Originally posted by bubbaloo View Post
    I need to create self-addressed envelopes for school applications. Does anyone know where I can get US stamps in Japan?
    I went to usps.com but they don't mail their stamps outside the US... otherwise, I couldnt find anything.
    Any ideas?

Thank you!!
    Have you looked into printing your own?

http://www.usps.com/onlinepostage/welcome.htm

Comment

You are not going to find US stamps here in Japan. Your best bet is to get some one to send you some. However, if you are going to create self addressed envelopes, which address are you planning to use? If you are using a US address then US stamps is good, if you are using a Japan address then Japanese stamps is what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by SteadyRollingMan View Post
        If you are using a US address then US stamps is good, if you are using a Japan address then Japanese stamps is what you need.
        If letters are being sent from US then the US Post Office wont recognise Japanese postage stamps, even when sending to Japan. If schools are in Japan then Japanese stamps of course are OK.

Comment

Any ideas?

Thank you!!
          you might want to give the consulate a call...

Comment

Originally posted by SteadyRollingMan View Post
            You are not going to find US stamps here in Japan. Your best bet is to get some one to send you some. However, if you are going to create self addressed envelopes, which address are you planning to use? If you are using a US address then US stamps is good, if you are using a Japan address then Japanese stamps is what you need.

Thanks for the advice. Specifically, I need to send recommendation forms to one of my old professors in the US, who'll then mail them to the (American) school in a stamped, pre-addressed envelope. So it'll be a domestic letter when the prof sends it, but I need to find the stamps while I'm here.
            The logistics of this sucks.

Thanks everyone for your help

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Specifically, I need to send recommendation forms to one of my old professors in the US, who'll then mail them to the (American) school in a stamped, pre-addressed envelope. So it'll be a domestic letter when the prof sends it, but I need to find the stamps while I'm here.
              The logistics of this sucks.

Thanks everyone for your help
              what you may just want to do is include a postal order that will cover the cost of the stamps so at least the prof is not out of pocket. he can probably pick up stamps at his school stationery or at a PO. Only other advice is get someone to send you some from the US.

Comment

US stamps

Post offices in most countries will sell you a coupon (called an IRC- International Reply Coupon) which can be exchanged in any other country for letter postage. These are for the purpose of sending someone in another country postage without the hassle of stamps. I'm pretty sure they sell them here in Japan. I've seen them from several other countries and they look alike.

Comment

Working...
                X