X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bonsai tools shops

I want to buy a small set of tools for bonsai, for someone back home. Anyone knows a shop in Tokyo?

bonsai tools

Tokyu Hands Shibuya, or any small downtown hardware shop

Comment

Couldn't find anything in Tokyu Hands or local hardware shop. Anyone knows of a bonsai shop?

Comment

Bonsai tools

Yokohama Tokyu Hands 5B craft section
        Big Sam

BONSAI NETWORK JAPAN
        Yoshihiro Nakamizu
        11-12, Minami-cho, Kazo, Saitama, Japan 347-0031
        Tel - (+81) 90-5311-1808, Fax - Facsimile: (+81) 480-62-3486
        Registration assistance service to study bonsai in Japan, exporting bonsai tools, organizing
        bonsai workshop demonstrated by Japanese top bonsai artist for foreign visitors.
        E-mail:nakamizu@j-bonsai.com
        http://www.J-bonsai.com/

Bonsai Clubs International
        http://www.bonsai-bci.com/

BONSAI CONSERVATORY
        Casmar, Stephen P.
        A.I.O. Residence #102
        3-40-12 Momijigaoka, Fuchu-shi, Tokyo 183, Japan
        Wholesale supplier of trees, tools, Japanese garden supplies and bonsai and ikebana containers
        Tel - 81 423 62 1934, Fax - 81 423 65 0969

Masterpiece Bonsai Garden" on the rooftop of the Ginza branch Mitsukoshi department store in Tokyo, Japan.* Susumo is a young master of the contemporary bonsai world and is proprietor of the famous Chikufu-en Bonsai Garden located in Tochigi Prefecture, about an hour and a half from the capital.* At Mitsukoshi, approximately fifty bonsai are always on display against a bamboo fence or in a large water basin.* Commercial quality, contemporary styled bonsai of various species are offered for sale.* Additionally, a small indoor showroom is used for antique and new Chinese containers, books, and Masakuni bonsai tools.* ("Masterpiece Bonsai Garden Opens" in International Bonsai, IBA, Spring 80, pg. 30)

Couldn't have looked very hard.....

Comment

Thanks TH for the info.
          By the way, I did look on internet, but came up mainly with bonsai clubs or exhibitions - no shops. That's why I was asking for first hand advice. Don't be so harsh!
          Unfortunately I won't have time to go to Fuchu or Saitama, but I'll try Yokohama.

Comment

Working...
          X