X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deodorant - Found!

This is a public service announcement for those of you seeking deodorant in Japan.

My wife and I went to Costco today in Chiba and they actually had deodorant and anti-perspirant for sale. This is the first time I've actually seen any there and I usually go at least once a month.

Hopefully they'll continue to stock it and if you want some you don't have to pay some outrageous markup in order to get it.

Originally posted by Kumachan
    This is a public service announcement for those of you seeking deodorant in Japan.

My wife and I went to Costco today in Chiba and they actually had deodorant and anti-perspirant for sale. This is the first time I've actually seen any there and I usually go at least once a month.

Hopefully they'll continue to stock it and if you want some you don't have to pay some outrageous markup in order to get it.
    Hate to say it, but have to do so. Japanese folks need to shop there en masse. Got on the train Friday during rush hour. The stink was something not to be spoken of in polite company. My shiat stinks. Doesn't theirs? Hell yes. Who can mention the unmentionable though? We are in a bind and our poor noses and vomit reflex are paying the piper.

Carry on. Plug our noses and smile. End of tribulation.

Comment

I was just planning on stocking up again when I returned back to the states for a visit, glad to see there's an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Sidewinder
        Hate to say it, but have to do so. Japanese folks need to shop there en masse. Got on the train Friday during rush hour. The stink was something not to be spoken of in polite company. My shiat stinks. Doesn't theirs? Hell yes. Who can mention the unmentionable though? We are in a bind and our poor noses and vomit reflex are paying the piper.

Carry on. Plug our noses and smile. End of tribulation.
        It's something that to me makes no sense. In a country with summers this hot, they don't use deodorant. Okay, there are aerosol anti-perspirants on the market but personally I don't feel they work. It's like body odour here is something that people just have and live with.

All I know is I'm happy I found this there and I hope they continue to stock it while I'm here.

Comment

Deodorant in Japan

I couldn't agree with you more on the rush hour crowd in subways. I'm surprised that noone passes out. By the way, do they sell deodorant at Jusco in the Osaka area. I'm well stocked, but I know I have to get some soon. Or, do I ask my parents to ship me some?

Comment

online shopping site

www.456.com shopping site has many popular American brand deodorant/anti-perspirant at very reasonable prices. Their price listed includes shipping. The site is in Japanese only, but you can view the product pictures. Products will be delivered within 10-14 days. I have no interest in this web site, but I found this shopping site by reading/posting to deodorant topic under Yahoo Japan BBS. (Yes, there are many people in Japan with sweatty smelly underarms. And they are having difficulty finding odor fighting products in Japan.) I read that many people are ordering from this site when they need health & beauty products from the US. I think It's cheaper than asking your relatives/friends in the US to send you a few items you need by USPS airmail. Here's the direct link for the deodorant/anti-perspirant product list.

http://www.456.com/pages/category.php4?id=14-6
            click on icon that says "一覧を見る" (where you see the hand drawing ) on the right side to view all products under deodorant.

I personally recommend "Degree" Invisible Solid. It really works without leaving white residue on your armpit or on clothes!

They have many other products including some dry food, vitamins & supplements and pet supplies. If you don't see what you're looking for, they can special order. Or they may even start carrying the prodcuts you're looking for as a catalog item if many people have similar requests.
            Last edited by scooby; 2004-09-12, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks Scooby

Scooby dooby dooooo! Where are you? Ha! Ha!

Thanks for the site. I'll check it out. I was at Jusco yesterday in Kawanishi. They didn't have it.

Comment

try expatexpress.com
                all sorts of stuff, and in English.

Comment

I still recommend washing. Just deodorant seems, like, icky.

Comment

What a ridiculous thing to say!

Somebody went to Kawanishi. Is that Kawanishi-noseguchi?

Is Jusco a chain of shops?

Comment

Jusco

Yes, that was Kawanishi-Noseguchi. I would compare Jusco to a 6-7 floor "department store" version of Walmart. I liked their grocery store and other floors, too. I didn't find the deodorant, but found other things.

Of course, I definitely wash myself, but after a while in the humidity, the odor does take its toll.

Comment

Uh, yup. I was just schrkewing around, after all. Never wear the stuff, myself, though. Still seems icky. I haven't had any complaints, though. Maybe my friends are just too polite??
                        Also, I'm not out running around like a lot of peoploids.

Comment

Which brand?

Originally posted by Kumachan

Hello Kumachan, I have some questions about the deodorant products you found at Costco.

Which brand of deodorant/anti-perspirant products does Costco carry?
                          Are they "stick" or "roll-on" or "spray"?
                          Do they offer choices of fragrance? (Unscented, Sports scent, Powder scent, ete...)
                          Are they meant for men or women or both?
                          Are they manufactured in Japan or USA (or elsewhere)?
                          How many units are packaged in the bundle? What's the net weight gram/ounce per unit?
                          How much is it?

Sorry I have lots of questions. I'm curious if it would be cheaper than ordeing from the 456.com shopping site. (considering the Costco membership fee and gas/toll/train fare to get there)

Thanks!

Comment

Scooby dooby dooooo

Originally posted by Manuel
                            Scooby dooby dooooo! Where are you? Ha! Ha!

Thanks for the site. I'll check it out. I was at Jusco yesterday in Kawanishi. They didn't have it.
                            haha! That was funny! I haven't seen the new movie yet. But the first one with Sarah Michelle and Freddie Prinze Jr. was so cheesy. I like the cartoon version much better.

Did you have any luck browsing the 456.com website? I forgot to mention in my last posting that they also have toll free customer service numbers.

Comment

Scooby

Hey Scooby,

Haven't checked out the site yet. I wll do so soon. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X