X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy X-2

So heres my problem.....I'm in Japan I have a Japanese PS2 I have the international version of FFX2 but its all written in Japanese........now I want to get an English version but how to?.....I mean if I order the game from america I can't play it here right? is there like some kinda chip or modifier that I can buy so I can play it here?.........please help someone....I'm a junkie and I need my fix!!!!!!

Originally posted by anikikokushi
    please help someone....I'm a junkie and I need my fix!!!!!!
    Now you know how all the marijuana smokers in Japan feel.

Anyway, back on topic again. There is a modification you can make to American PS2s to play Japanese games, so I'm pretty sure that you can do the reverse. I doubt that this is the best web page to figure it out though, you're probably going to be much better off going to PS2 forums.

Comment

Well, for the old Playstations, you had to re-solder some connections and install a new "mod chip". This of course voids the warranty, and the game companies were always figuring out how to beat the latest chips.

No clue about the PS2 though. I'm curious as to why you'd buy a Japanese PS2 if you can't read Japanese, though. Best bet is to just bring back a US PS2 next time you go there, and buy games online or something.

PS- FFX-2 was awful, unless you're a teenage girl who loves things that are "kawaii". I love the old FF's though, with VI and VII being the peak. Series crashed pretty badly after that, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Frungy
        PS- FFX-2 was awful, unless you're a teenage girl who loves things that are "kawaii". I love the old FF's though, with VI and VII being the peak. Series crashed pretty badly after that, IMO.
        VI and VII were great games. VIII was pretty awful. The CG was good, the story was ok, but I couldn't stand the game mechanics.

IX was definately better than VIII, but still wasn't able to go back to the glory of VII. IX was almost a really good game in that they had some very promising ideas, and I like the greater degree of character specialization in IX, but there just seemed to be something in the spirit of the game that wasn't there. For example, I found that you cared a lot more for most of the side characters than the main characters, not a good thing. And the series just seems to lack some of its magic.

Comment

Ffx

I thought X was good...basically for the story and the 3d scenes so i got X2 international version(for the bulls**t comment about not reading japanese) so I could see what its about! But the international version turns out to not be so international......imagine that......as for the story I don't really understand all the dancing I just want to see the end....I mean I played X for like a month straight only to find out my character dissapears in the end.......
          oh welll......if anyone does find anything let me know!!!

Comment

Working...
          X