X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspiring Guitarist

Hey there I am a newbie at pretty much everything I am doing at this point in life. I just moved to Japan and left all my life in Utah. I even left my guitar at home. I need to have a guitar. If anybody knows any guitar shops or individuals that sell used accoustic guitars I would appreciate it. Thank you.

the retail market for used acoustic guitars is a bit ridiculous here - lots of expensive stuff like Martin and upscale Japanese makes (two main sources are people who bought them during the bubble and try to unload them for cash and retailers buying them in the US to sell here). if you're in/near Tokyo check out Ochanomizu which has loads of instrument shops. Wander around and you might find a decent guitar at a not-so-ridiculous price.

as for private sellers, check Metropolis (aka Tokyo Classifieds) where the occasional gaijin will be selling guitars/having a sayonara sale. (online at www.classifieds.japantoday.com under 'Making Music').

good hunting!

Comment

thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandurai
        Hey there I am a newbie at pretty much everything I am doing at this point in life. I just moved to Japan and left all my life in Utah. I even left my guitar at home. I need to have a guitar. If anybody knows any guitar shops or individuals that sell used accoustic guitars I would appreciate it. Thank you.
        Just go to a second handie (not sure what you call them in USA...second hand goods store...maybe). There's one just around the corner from our place and it has heaps of guitars...accoustic, electric etc for really really cheap!

Comment

Working...
        X