Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Module
Collapse

Baby playgroup in Yokohama/Kamakura area?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby playgroup in Yokohama/Kamakura area?

Ifm American and my wife is Japanese, and we live in the Yokohama/Kamakura area with our 7.5 month son. We are looking for other families with mixed kids for weekend social activities. The aim would be for the kids to build social skills and English language skills through playtime activities.

Also, my wife will continue to be on extended maternity leave and is looking for other Japanese moms of mixed kids to hang out with occasionally on weekdays.

We have done extensive searching on the web, but we cannot seem to find a central online location where similarly situated families are exchanging info/ideas regarding playgroups. Any leads (both English sites and Japanese sites) would be much appreciated. Or, if you know of friends who might be interested is this type of thing, please direct them to this thread. Thanks.

Originally posted by zekewalli View Post
    Ifm American and my wife is Japanese, and we live in the Yokohama/Kamakura area with our 7.5 month son. We are looking for other families with mixed kids for weekend social activities. The aim would be for the kids to build social skills and English language skills through playtime activities.

Also, my wife will continue to be on extended maternity leave and is looking for other Japanese moms of mixed kids to hang out with occasionally on weekdays.

We have done extensive searching on the web, but we cannot seem to find a central online location where similarly situated families are exchanging info/ideas regarding playgroups. Any leads (both English sites and Japanese sites) would be much appreciated. Or, if you know of friends who might be interested is this type of thing, please direct them to this thread. Thanks.

go to higashi-totsuka. there is a big akachan honpo with a decent playground (in fact, two playgrounds plus another one you have to pay). lots of ladies with kids there. furthermore, there is a toys are us on the other side of the station.

that is the station to go if you have a monkey.

Comment

I'll PM you about that...

Comment

I am organizing a bbq for the locals and their kiddies (up to ) in a few weeks.
        4 or 5 surfer girls and their hubbies on our deck....
        PM me if this type of one-offer might interest you.
        Fred
        PS odds are 50% of us will be divorced in a few years, and these girls are cute.... hehe

Comment

Hi, I live in the Shonan area - there is a playgroup called Gateway International Center.
          PM me for more info.
          I might also be interested in meeting up - my youngest is now 1 year old (mixed race).

Comment

Working...
          X