Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Module
Collapse

Help, didn't receive my wire transfer of money. Need advice!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, didn't receive my wire transfer of money. Need advice!

So I recently moved back to Canada, but before I left, I sent a bunch of money through JP post to my bank account in Canada over a week and a half ago, and I still haven't received it yet. I tried calling the post office, but I can't get through, and there is no way to email them. What can I do?

You should have had a wire transfer transaction number.
    Have you contacted your own bank?
    Wire transfers to and from Japan from foreign banks can take up to a week though this is rare.
    It's possible someone mis-punched an account number, which happened to myself, (Japanese bank's fault)
    and my money went to someone else even though the names were different.

If it was from the post office I think your only option is to contact them.
    I'm think they must have a division for this that handles wire-transfers only.

Maybe other GPers have that solution?

Good luck!

Comment

I am assuming you still have a copy from the post office of the transaction. It will have the BIC code, SWIFT number, your Canadian bank account #, etc on it.

You said you can't get through to the Japan post office? I've called them before with no problem. Maybe you are calling when they are closed?

Comment

Well, my guess was that a typhoon hit a day after I left, and heavy flooding hit most of my town cutting off water and internet and generally slowing things down. I'm hoping that's the reason. I'm gonna search for the wire transfer sheet, but in my move from Japan to here, I fear I lost it.

Comment

I wouldn't sweat any cheddar yet, man.

You're Canadian right?? Soooo, 87.934% chance you are cheaper than a Scot. You chose whatever the cheaper option was, right???

If I remember that used to take up to a week.

Also, like you mentioned, typhoons (Big Wind!!!!!!!!), etc., major deluge level flooding..............yeah. It's just taking it's sweet time.

Still, major boneheadedness for losing your only proof of transfer.

Seriously.

Ontario???

Comment

Generally its a requirement from a prudential authority of a country that all agents that are licensed to conduct TT operations, are required to ask for some form of legitimate ID when conducting a TT transaction. Along with this it is also a requirement that agents keep records of all information pertaining to the transaction. TThus even if you have lost your proof of transfer the Post office of which you have sent it through should keep all records and you should be able to trace what happened.

However I have never conducted a TT out from Japan so I could'nt tell you the exact process / how hard it will be to follow up on it (nor if the information above pertains to Japan) But usually the above information is accurate for the purpose of anti-money-laundering.

You could be in trouble if you inputted the wrong details and the problem was on your end. Generally if this is the case and your Bank in Canada sees that there is a problem they will send the money back to its sender (in your case the post office) if this happens you will need to arrange to resend it and could be hit with a few fees. If it was the post office's problem there wont be an issue and the post office will most likely guarantee your money and contact the bank in Canada for a return of funds.

In saying all this every country is different, but I would guess that the above would pertain to Japan as well.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
              Ontario???
              FU BC :P
              Fred

Comment

Originally posted by shonanfred View Post
                FU BC :P
                Fred

ROFL ROFL
                That's my new personalised licence plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But only after I move east............

Still, losing your proof of transfer?????????????

Damn. That is some doughnut munching shiite.

How do these kids find their way in an out of 2 airports???????

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane View Post
                  ROFL ROFL
                  That's my new personalised licence plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But only after I move east............

Still, losing your proof of transfer?????????????

Damn. That is some doughnut munching shiite.

How do these kids find their way in an out of 2 airports???????
                  No clue man, no clue...
                  Fred

Comment

Working...
                  X