Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omiyage for GF Parents from Euro-land

Dear wise ones,

I am breaking my head over what to bring my GF's parents as a present from Europe the day after tomorrow. They are diviorced, btw (but living together again). So two different omiyage are better.

Chocolate and wine seem lame, Swiss cheese had been over-presented on previous occasions... kidney pies or smoked rabits they will not understand.

I am in Geneva and will be flying through Amsterdam if it helps... please no jokes about the dope...

Hope for your creative, healthy, relations-building ideas!!! Something that worked for Japanese old folks in your experience.

No need to fret about this, mate. Is the old man a boozer? My father-in-law was. You bring him a bottle, you crack it open, you explore each other's soul. Honestly, I couldn't even conceive of visiting my J-girl's parents without that earthly delight. You don't need to win any points for creativity in this area.

Comment

Yep, a boozer he is. Last time we polished our nama choco cakes with Sapporo on tap. Now that's a creative desert if you ask me.

Her mom though is quite sophisticated and reasonaly well-travelled for that generation. So I was thinking that I should find a way to surprise her. Positively.

Comment

Working...
      X