Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burger King?

Hi there,
    I wonder, are there any "Burger King" restaurants in Japan? Does anybody know where to find one in central Tokyo? (I know it's unhealthy! And I know that there is Mos Burger and others, but I would like a Burger King ;-))
    Frank

Not much luck on Google, but......................

http://www.weekender.co.jp/LatestEdi...0920/News.html

I did a search. That was the only result that came back that made any sense. I think that "960920" is the date of the article, in other words, really F'in old. I also read a few results that suggested that BK has pulled out of Japan. There used to be one on the west side of Shinjuku station. Take the exit that leads to the newer Metropolitan govt building, (on the way to Shinjuku Central Park), and it is (was?) in a mall on the right hand side, just before you exit the covered walkway area.

As a fellow Whopper-ist, I heartily sympathise. I like mine with no lettuce.
    Another option is a Wendy's. I know its different, but at least you can get a nice greasy double cheese, or whatever you choose to replace The irreplaceable Whopper.

Anyone writing in with typical Western Neo-Puritan Health Fetish Fascist comments wil be urinated upon.

Comment

I don't believe there are any BK in Japan. Last time I had their glorious food was in Holland. I had to sneak away from the town I was staying in, and take a 30 minute bus ride to the nearest city just to get my hands on a chicken sandwich.

Kurochan... it seems like you're in quite a foul mood tonight. Somebody got a case of the Mondays?

Comment

Monday,@Monday.............................

Thanks MS. Probably just hungry and wanting a Whopper. Or a real British Kebab.

I have ehard that BK has left Japan a few times, now. Sad.

Comment

There used to be a BK in Takadanobaba too, but it disappeared. I'm guessing they pulled out of Japan.

At least there's still Wendy's around. I need my beef!

Comment

That's why they call it.....................

Anyone else old enough to remember that when Wendy's first came out, the slogan below the little red haired girl's picture was "Hot and Juicy"? I suppose Dave got tired of everyone making dirty jokes about a rendition of his daughter, Wendy. She gives me the beef every time I go there. Gots to love the double cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane
              Gots to love the double cheese.
              Which oddly enough is what we used to call a really hot girl way back when I was in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Frungy
                There used to be a BK in Takadanobaba too, but it disappeared. I'm guessing they pulled out of Japan.

At least there's still Wendy's around. I need my beef!
                That's Aussie beef by the way, not that infected American stuff.

Comment

As the other posters have surmised BK did pull out of Japan and I believe it was around the the breakup of the bubble economy in the early 90's. Too much expansion too quickly along with competition from the "other" burg joint with golden arches plus little Wendy made BK throw in the towel.
                  R.

Comment

Mad Kuro Disease

Originally posted by kuro_kitty
                    That's Aussie beef by the way, not that infected American stuff.
                    Your beef infects me. I feel like I have Mad Kuro Disease.
                    Here kitty kitty kitty

Comment

Honto???????????

Originally posted by Kumachan
                      Which oddly enough is what we used to call a really hot girl way back when I was in high school.
                      Really? That is funny. I wonder if the etymology is somehow related?
                      What years are we talking about here, Bear-ie?

Thanks richard. My Whopper has drooped.
                      Rest in Peace, Baga Kingu

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane
                        Really? That is funny. I wonder if the etymology is somehow related?
                        What years are we talking about here, Bear-ie?
                        That's going back maybe 20 years now, when co-incidentally enough I was working in Wendy's of all places. We came up with "food" names as a sort of code when a hot girl would be in the restaurant. I don't remember what they all were, but "double cheese" was the code for one that was really hot.

Comment

Baga Kingu

I am sure I went to a Baga Kingu not so long ago. The one in Takadanobaba big box is shut?

W.

Comment

I think i remember seeing somewhere that there is a taco bell somewhere in japan? if this is true what city is it in? This could seriously have an effect on where i choose to live. Tbell is more than a fantastic resteraunt, its a lifestyle. If i had to eat one kind of fast food for the rest of my life, i should be so lucky as to have a steak grilled stuffed burrito...

Comment

If you know any military people there is a BK on camp Zama. Also there is a Taco Bell on the base in atsugi. Go try to make some military friends in roppongi or something then you get the hook up on fast food.

Comment

Working...
                              X