Changing the language on a Japanese TV set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the language on a Japanese TV set

So I was wondering if any of you'd heard of Japanese TV sets with ability to change the on-screen menu language? I need to buy a new TV (19") and I want to go to Yamada Denki or DeoDeo sometime next week but I want to write down some model numbers first.

Please don't tell me to ask the clerk as my Japanese is basic at its best. /if my Japanese was good I wouldn't be looking for a TV like that!/

Thanks so much for any input.

S.

PS On a side note - is anybody using a US tv here? It's the same voltage, also NTSC (not PAL) so it should work, right? I have Sky Perfect...

They definitely exist. Ask the clerk to help you find one that has English mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah.Seattle View Post
      So I was wondering if any of you'd heard of Japanese TV sets with ability to change the on-screen menu language? I need to buy a new TV (19") and I want to go to Yamada Denki or DeoDeo sometime next week but I want to write down some model numbers first.
      I have two SHARP Aquos (ANIX) models, they both have an English language option for menus. (Doesn't apply to program guides)

Here's a sample English guide that comes with the TV's in English: http://www.sharp.co.jp/support/aquos...2-40v5_qsg.pdf

For a 19in model, here's the guide that comes with the LC-19K5: http://www.sharp.co.jp/support/aquos...4-16k5_qsg.pdf

There are others that have English options, but I'm only familiar with the SHARP brand as I own some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah.Seattle View Post

Please don't tell me to ask the clerk as my Japanese is basic at its best. /if my Japanese was good I wouldn't be looking for a TV like that!/

Thanks so much for any input.

S.

PS On a side note - is anybody using a US tv here? It's the same voltage, also NTSC (not PAL) so it should work, right? I have Sky Perfect...

I think this model has an English menu to switch to. I think all new Sharps do. And I would buy it online from one of the shops (with a good rating) you see below for this model. You'll save money.

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000219521/

Comment

Thanks everybody! Y'all are extremely helpful!

Comment

All new Sharp televisions have an English menu option but their DVD/Blue-Ray/HDD recorders don't.

--

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane
              Hey,

I'm from Vancouver (yeah, the First World one)

People like you are why people like me laugh our guts out at how ____ing stoopid Ameri____s are.

Thank you.

Good luck.
              And that's why I think you should become America North's--Tar Sandlandia--goodwill ambassador.

Comment

Working...
              X