X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbit fur scarf.....eh?

I was shopping recently in a regular department store and picked up this beautiful (and cheap) scarf...it was soo soft, I took it to the registers and while in line I read the tags.....eh?....rabbit fur...no way! I felt terrible....put it back and left.

Of late I have noticed that Japan is a little lenient on animal rights and animal cruelty laws....I thought fashion (worldwide) had taken the faux fur approach....hmmm

I also read recently about the Kobe Killer...an unamed 15 year old boy that killed, decapitated,battered...whatever...5 (i think) younger kids...he also had a history of decapitating cats and strangling birds....scary

Originally posted by kuro_kitty
    I was shopping recently in a regular department store and picked up this beautiful (and cheap) scarf...it was soo soft, I took it to the registers and while in line I read the tags.....eh?....rabbit fur...no way! I felt terrible....put it back and left.
    Dog fur is what you've got to be careful about. Acubra hats are made from rabbit felt and I'm pretty sure the rabbits involved end up dead. I just don't know where rabbits lie in the crealty debate. If they are farmed then is it any different to using leather for shoes? There are plenty of rabbits out there so depending on the species they might not be in much danger of extinction. They do breed like rabbits you know.

Comment

went to kanazawa and in the giftshops saw little furry cat sculptures made from...... real cat fur...
      aaaaaaaaaaaaw
      but maybe KK thats what you need to get for your rich picky friend hehe

Comment

Working...
      X