Who sleeps in your room?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who sleeps in your room?

I'm living the 3rd world, everyone-in-the-same-room lifestyle (my kid is in elementary school).

Do you have your own room? Do your kids?
    Sleep with spouse and kids
    40.00%
    Sleep with spouse, kids have their own room
    36.00%
    Sleep solo, spouse and kids have their own room(s)
    24.00%

Sleep by myself if I have work the next day. Sleep with the wife and children if I don't.

Comment

I sleep with my imaginary girlfriend every night.

Untill I wake up. Then she is gone

Comment

I sleep with my wife and kid, but personally I like that. He'll get older and want to sleep alone soon enough, so I enjoy it now.

Comment

My son slept in our room until he was about 3 or 4; he has his own room so now it's just me and the missus

Comment

I snuggle up to the pussy everynight and give it a few playful strokes to get the motor humming, and then we drift of to the land of Nod....

Comment

Originally posted by well_bicyclically View Post
              I snuggle up to the pussy everynight and give it a few playful strokes to get the motor humming, and then we drift of to the land of Nod....
              I try that sometimes myself - and sometimes it works, and sometimes I get my hand slapped....

Comment

The wife tells me I can only have my own room when I'm grown up...

Comment

Me:
                  Under a pile of wife and babies.
                  Eldest kicked me in the cajones this morning in his sleep.

I built him a bunk bed, but he's 5,
                  so I assume he won't be a permanent resident of that bed until next year.

It's interesting, the differences in child raising here than in the West in terms of the self-reliance/filial bonds concepts.

Comment

I prefer this way. I don't think it's natural to have kids sleeping in their own room when they are still babies.

Comment

Originally posted by Effected After View Post
                      I prefer this way. I don't think it's natural to have kids sleeping in their own room when they are still babies.
                      I put my son in his own room at 9 months. Natural or not, we all sleep a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Coupe View Post
                        I put my son in his own room at 9 months. Natural or not, we all sleep a lot better.
                        Interesting.
                        So what is your solution when (And this is by NO means any sort of judgement) baby cries at night?
                        Momma or Pappa just handles the issue like everyone else but just by distance of a room?

Comment

I sleep with the little dude during the week (wife works/i work from home) and we all squeeze into the same bed on the weekends.
                          The dog sleeps downstairs because he is a bedhog.
                          Fred

Comment

Originally posted by 91Coupe View Post
                            Well, westerners have been doing it forever, so I don't think it causes long-term damage or anything. But I'd suspect that putting babies to sleep by themselves is a fairly modern thing.

Comment

Originally posted by YokohamaTommy View Post
                              Interesting.
                              So what is your solution when (And this is by NO means any sort of judgement) baby cries at night?
                              Momma or Pappa just handles the issue like everyone else but just by distance of a room?
                              Before we go to bed we use a baby monitor to listen to him from the living room and he has no problem waking us up through the paper thin walls of our house.
                              Even though he is in another room, its only about 6 or 7 steps from my bed to his.

Comment

Working...
                              X