Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

Used electronics store in Tokyo (old consoles etc.). Where?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used electronics store in Tokyo (old consoles etc.). Where?

Hi.

Before I came to Japan I remember watching a video of some guy on Youtube walking around in a big used electronics store that sold a lot of cheap used stuff.
    But what interested me was all the old console junk they sold, like consoles, game cartridges and boxes of controllers/appliances.

Does anyone know where to find either this store or a similar store in Tokyo?

How old do you want the stuff to be ? Sofmap.com sells used games and consoles online. Click on the 'chuko' button on the top right of their homepage. Dospara sells used items, too, but not sure about consoles.

Comment

Anywhere on the main street in Akihabara might have something to interest you.
      But the small street that runs parallel to the main street seems to have a lot of used places.
      Basically, walk from Kanda station on the Ginza line to Suehircho station and stay to the left.
      Some of the stuff is so cheap (but a lot is probly crap too).
      Don't just look at street level. There are shops above and below that will be of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedown View Post
        ?......
        Don't just look at street level. There are shops above and below that will be of interest.
        Odd that the same is true of the red-light districts as well......

Comment

Originally posted by ttokyo View Post
          How old do you want the stuff to be ?
          Like 80's/90's. I'm interested in NES, SNES, Famicom and that kind of retro stuff.

Thanks twelvedown.

Comment

check also the book-off stores and recycling shops.

Comment

Working...
            X