X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takanohana and His Sons

Takanohana has died, which has made a big splash in the news.

So what's the story with his sons? They each hold separate news conferences at the funeral.

Why is it that they dislike each other so much?

Not sure about that (and, ironically enough, I like sumo very much!!), but...Takanohana (the younger, of course) looks absolutely horrible. He's SOOOO thin. A JP friend of mine says he thinks he's got some disease. I haven't a clue. Of course, this really has nothing to do with your thread. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by comic_muse
      Takanohana has died, which has made a big splash in the news.

So what's the story with his sons? They each hold separate news conferences at the funeral.

Why is it that they dislike each other so much?
      The sons are not on speaking terms at the moment. They have been feuding for quite a while.

Latest spat was becuase the older Wakanohana insisted on being chief mourner at the funeral even though he has quit the sumo world and become a sports commentator.

Taka has taken over his fathers sumo stable and feel that its his right to be chief mourner, with all the sumo big shots at the funeral.

Comment

Since this is Japan, and he's the first son, isn't that sort of to be expected? I have no idea though.

Comment

More on this

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/...20050604a1.htm

Comment

Working...
          X