Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New U.S. Law make things harder for U.S. Travelers.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New U.S. Law make things harder for U.S. Travelers.

Today, I was listing to BBC and was outrage by the New Passport Law. It turn out that the Department of Homeland Security (i.e. we make the laws that Bush wants and tell everyone this will be for your own safety) created a new law requiring U.S. Traveling to the Bahamas beginning in 2006 to travel with a passport. Even thought the Bahamas does not require a passport for U.S. Citizen. U.S. Citizen will need a passport to reenter their own country. In addition to this, starting 2008 U.S. Citizens will need a passport to reenter from Canada and Mexico as well. These three destinations have historical only required U.S. citizens to show Driver license or Birth Certificate to enter their country and reenter the U.S.. These countries will let you still enter with either a U.S. Drivers licenses or a birth certificate, but the U.S. Government will not let you get back into the country without a passport. To make this situation even more interesting only about 20% of the U.S. population has a passport. When the majority of Americans do travel abroad it is to one of these three areas. Benjamin Franklin said it best: Those who scarifies freedom for safety are neither free nor safe. Bush and company fooled us all to believing we need to give up our basic freedoms. The Department of Homeland Security is a great excuse to create law that would have never otherwise pass if not for 9/11.

Cali

Ben franklin was right

IF you are willing to give up freedom for safety, you deserve neither of them.

Comment

Funny what is being done in the name of "freedom" these days. Must be the most abused word on the fecken planet recently.

Comment

I don't know that this is such a big problem. Why shouldn't you take your passports with you? What's the big deal?
        As far as freedom goes, the Seppo government doesn't allow its citizens to visit Cuba, and sometimes punishes those who do with fines and the like.
        The land of the obese, yes. The land of the free, well its debatable isn't it.

Comment

Twice in one day

I canft believe this, I am agreeing with kimonolover again. Twice is one day. I better turn on the weather channel and see if hell has indeed frozen over.

Cali

Comment

Originally posted by J.T
            I don't know that this is such a big problem. Why shouldn't you take your passports with you? What's the big deal?
            I think it has less to do with the passports specifically and more to do with the restriction of movement and creeping government control into the lives of individuals. If you add up all of the little violations at the end of the day you hvae one big ongoing impact on individual freedom.

And land of the free it may be not, but land of the less free than it was before it has certainly become.

Comment

They are also trying to get Canadian airline companies to submit passenger lists for any flights that fly over US airspace, even if the plane isn't landing in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by KG3000
                They are also trying to get Canadian airline companies to submit passenger lists for any flights that fly over US airspace, even if the plane isn't landing in the US.
                You kidding? For a while they wanted to place an air marshall on any plane flying over the US. Again, not "landing" in the US, just flying over it.

And the passport thing is old. As a Canadian, traditionally, I've only had to show some form of gov't ID to get into the states (birth certificate or driver's license). Now these things aren't always good to do so and it's pretty much common knowledge that to enter the US you pretty much need a passport now.

Comment

Department of Cyberian Security

As Poobah Most Extremis, I declare the United States of America to be illegal. As a state, as an entity, as a ____ing cesspool of retardation.
                  All Good Mrkans will be allowed to remain in place, and the area will be re-organised as the Southern Territory, or Nacirema, in the Native Tongue.

As you were.

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane
                    As Poobah Most Extremis, I declare the United States of America to be illegal. As a state, as an entity, as a ____ing cesspool of retardation.
                    All Good Mrkans will be allowed to remain in place, and the area will be re-organised as the Southern Territory, or Nacirema, in the Native Tongue.

As you were.
                    As supreme leader, I appoint you Kurogane to be Governor of Utah, and by my decree, only polygamous Mormons will be allowed to remain in the state.

Comment

Bush's next plan

For Nation Securities and to prevent terrorist attacks. I believe that all U.S. citizens should carry passport to travel from State to State. In addition, State Government will have boarder checkpoint to verify U.S. Citizens Passports. These check points will be at state lines, airport, train stations, and any other points of entry to states. Dictator of the People Republic of America, George Bush.
                      Last edited by california84; 2005-06-09, 09:00 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Working...
                      X