X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I am so angery with the USA

I have on amother thread attempted to touch on how AMerica used to be great and is now corrupt to the point that it can't be recognised for what it once was. THis is all true, but htere is more. While evils are sufferable, I would just live peacably and want no trouble. However, I fell in love with the picture-esque Japan that was portrayed by old movies or somehting, I honestly don't know. Anyway, this land far, far away where all the buildings are beautiful and people wear cool-looking robes is what I love and nothing else has my alligiance. IT was liek those utopian societies they portray in Sci-Fi books and films. I quickly learned from my parents about WWII, but refused to accept that Japan was the bad guy and America was so righteous. I obsessively studied the Pacific theater and love the aircraft. I have watched alot of documentaries, build models of USN and IJN aircraft, read alot of books. It's been 15 years. I at one point accepted the Hellish bombings of Japan but was never comfortable with them. Then, I decided they those acts were criminal. I did more research and not mainstream stuff either. I don't trust mainstream information to be anything but propaganda. between my freshman and junior years in High school, I became very anti-AMerican and shot up models of B-29s and ran them over with the lawn mower. I drew alot of pictures of american bombers being shot to peices by Japanese fighters with 40mm cannons. I get these pacific theater games and pour myself into them destrying everything american in the whole game and getting pist with Japan still loses. I sank the WHOLE invasion force at Iwo Jima! I begged God every night and day to avenge JApan and still do. If I had lived during WWII I would have shot my foot to avoid being drafted and then don whatever I could to fight the war effort. Ideally, I'd warn the Japanese of american fleet positions. I'd do anything. I have wept bitterly over Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but never a tear of sympathy was shed for any other nation or people.

After 9/11, I turned somewhat patriotic and put American flags on all the cars and all that crap (but still never cried for them). THen I decided the US military was a good means of getting away from my sucky life here and the perpetual misery of McDonalds. NEVER work there! I pussed out and was back where I started but my parents were really pist and made sure I knew it! they acted like you ahve a patriotic american who doesn't wear kimonos and hates the Japanese and all other half humans to get into Heaven. My patrioticness instantly dissapeared into the nothing it is made of. That brings us back to now. I have a chance to get away and I'm jumping on it.

Like McTojo, I hate the westernization of Japan both outward and inwardly. THe war has alot to do with it. The USA wanted a colony and naval base in the East to establish its influence and increase trade. Uk had Hong Kong. Japan looked like an easy lunch to ameriKKKa. Japan was forced at gunpoint to accept unfair trade and the Evil Empire dumped metric tons of mass produced ugly filth they call "clothing" or "fashion" on the Japanese market so fast the artisans who lived and worked making art to wear are now losing their livelyhood.

Mother____ingameriKKKans whine and _____e about american jobs going to Mexico or China, but they started it. Who's whining and petitioning the Govt' to help out the kimono makers? They are closing up shop and many of them are family businesses that have operated before America was ever shat into existance! Who's helping Them out ?! What do you think the Evil Emipre would do If the J govt. decided to help them out by tarrifing detestable colthing? They'd f$cking whine and cry about fair trade.

GOD HELP US ALL!!!!!! WHEN ameriKKKa THE BABYLON PAYS FOR HER SINS, THE WHOLE WORLD WILL QUAKE WITH THE HOUR OF DESTRUCTION RESERVED FOR THE CORRUPTOR OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by kimonolover; 2005-06-09, 05:10 AM.

ameriKKKa the beeyutiFFFul

Again with the KKK thing. What does that mean kimonoman?

I can see not capitalizing the first letter, just to show a little disrespect. And I can even see changing the "c" to a "k" -- I think Kafka originally did that to describe an America run by Soviet-style totalitarianism. But do you really think the KKK has anything to do with Westernization of Japan? Just curious.

Comment

Kimonofreak, this is your 9 am wake up call.

You need therapy, badly. I suggest a good dose of thorazine followed by some quiet time in a padded room in one of those nice robes with the arms that tie up in the back. If you pretend, you can think of it as a special kind of kimono.

Comment

Been there done that....

Look Kimonolover. America has its problem we all can agree with that. But call American names and saying that Japan is the insensate virgin raped by the west is wrong. Try something simple things if you donft like America like joining the Young Democrats, Young Republican, Young Libertarians, or something like that. Get involved with the Japanese-American Association. Do something productive besides hating your own country. You love for Japan and its culture is admirable. Donft mix up your love for Japan with the hatred of your own country.

I know in part what you are going through. I have always loved the U.S.. Still I felt like I need something extra. In University I always had a love for other countries in addition to my own. First, it was Latin America and then Eastern Europe. I went as so far as majoring in International Business for both regions. I had friend almost exclusively from those areas as well. After working in Management for four years I soon found my dream of living abroad. I began teaching in Beijing China and then would go on to teach in Shanghai, before coming to Japan.

At first I went to China rooting and loving China as my own country. In doing so, I had a Chinese name, learned a lot about the culture, and learned basic Chinese. Many of my friends told me I was more Chinese then they were. In addition, I had a few drops of Chinese blood in me. My great grandmother was Chinese. Finally, I was a diehard China World Cup fan. In my eyes I had become Chinese.

Unfortunately China and the Chinese people saw me differently. Most Chinese people saw my few drops of Chinese blood the same way you look at a dog that is a mixture of 12 different things and try to call itself a pure breed. To the Chinese it was laughable. The more I try to become Chinese the more I was seen as gCali the dancing American Monkeyh. At the end I was no more Chinese then you are Japanese. No mater how hard I tried I was American not Chinese. My Chinese girlfriend said it best to me. She told me gEveryone want to speak English and be American. Why would you ever want to be Chinese?h It hurt me a lot, but she was right. I was trying to be something I was not.

Kimonolover, love Japan and its culture. I hope one day you will live hear for a few years. But trust me you will have your heart broken. Even as you admit, Japan is not the same place it was before the Western came here. For good or for ill, most Japanese want to be western. The Japanese hold on to the root of their culture, but for the most part donft like the old ways. Most women and men I know here hate wearing Kimonos. The traditions of the past have only stayed in a few places, but are quickly dying away.

Kimonolover, Japans is a great place. We all enjoy living here for the most part. But thing are not supper easy for westerns. In China learning the culture and the language scored me major points. Here it is like you are a foreign and you are not Japanese. They will not see you as Japanese.

Bottom line; love where you are at now. Study hard, take summer school, extra units, and get your degree. When you do that you will get you dream and live in Japan. I join the navy to see the world. The Navy has a sense of humor. When it asked me where I would like to be station, I said anywhere, but America. My whole 8 years in the Navy I was station in my home state of California. I never left the country while in the Navy. For me I went to school while in the Navy and it took me what seem forever. Also listening to my friends in the Navy about live in Japan, Europe, and visiting country all over the world made me extremely Jealous. I have lived in Asian now for almost four years. Two year in China and almost two years in Japan. It has been a blast, but it took me a lot of effort and time to get here. Be patient and it will happen.

Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by california84
          The more I try to become Chinese the more I was seen as gCali the dancing American Monkeyh. At the end I was no more Chinese then you are Japanese. No mater how hard I tried I was American not Chinese. My Chinese girlfriend said it best to me. She told me gEveryone want to speak English and be American. Why would you ever want to be Chinese?h It hurt me a lot, but she was right. I was trying to be something I was not. Cali.
          Kimonolover

My wife is Japanese, I have two kids of mixed blood in school here and in 2 years im coming up for 20 years in Japan.

I still get my students asking when Im going back to my country and if I like natto. You even looks of astonishment when I tell them my wife is Japanese, which means I know more about them than they give me credit for.

You will always be a gaijin here, (and in your case you will be a "kawatte iru" gaijin, "hentai" even ). Not like the rest of us saner mortals. Better get used to your gaijin-ness over here as its like a stain or tattoo that doesnt wash off.

Comment

the grass is always greener on the other side of the septic tank. Don't set yourself up for the big fall, cause its gonna hurt badly. Its like thinking that wimmens don't poo... of course they do. It may not be sexy but its da hard truth man. Love em for what they are, not what they ain't.
            Japan is a good dose of reality. you are gonna get the good and bad of it. But I reckon if you are already bitter and complaining about the USA then its quite likely you will soon be bitter and complaining about Japan too.
            keep it real.

Comment

No, reeriiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Originally posted by paulh
              Kimonolover

My wife is Japanese, I have two kids of mixed blood in school here and in 2 years im coming up for 20 years in Japan.

I still get my students asking when Im going back to my country and if I like natto. You even looks of astonishment when I tell them my wife is Japanese, which means I know more about them than they give me credit for.

You will always be a gaijin here, (and in your case you will be a "kawatte iru" gaijin, "hentai" even ). Not like the rest of us saner mortals. Better get used to your gaijin-ness over here as its like a stain or tattoo that doesnt wash off.
              Your wife is Japanese? Wow, how did you get the emperor to permit that?
              BTW, do you like Natto? I think it is a foul conspiracy to pay us whities back for inventing blue cheese.
              Your wife is really Japanese?

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane
                Your wife is Japanese? Wow, how did you get the emperor to permit that?
                he said he always had a taste for new Zealand mutton as he was getting sick of those ceremonial state dinners all the time so I sent him an adult ewe to play with. (Just ewe and me, babe.... Even Sonny and Cher, had one too "I got ewe babe....") Gumboots were thrown in for free.

J-Wife is the black-haired, doe-eye (more like a male buck if you ask me) real McCoy. Or the real McTaguchi. Take your pick.

Comment

(Baaa)ah! So that's where she ended up - the trail went cold after NZ tho' the indications always pointed Japan-wards. As a dish fit for an emperor, and the son of a divinity at that, eh. Who'd a thought it? There was me thinking that she'd probably ended up in Hokkaido. Still at least she managed to see a bit of the world first. Poor lambie...

Comment

Kurogane's Natto Problem

Kurogane,

I just don't get it with your aversion to natto? It is good stuff. Like any acquired taste, it takes a little getting used to. I rank it up there with French blue cheese and Vietnamese rat jerky and Australian alligator meat pizza and Moroccan sheep testicles (otherwise known as "Moroccan Oysters") for its succlunce and succour. If you want to be truly Japanese you have to develop a taste for this rotten delicacy. Period.
                    My favorite Japanese dish is "kusaiya" -- it is rotten fish soaked in natto sauce for like a year or something, then delivered straight to the plate, punget and steaming. It tastes and smells like an Indian sewer but apparently it delivers quite a health punch -- even lowers blood pressure if I am not mistaken.
                    You have to got to be in to win it!!!

Comment

Omg

i was just going to go to bed and...um...erm.... go to sleep
                      when i heard the magic words
                      KUSAYA .......................... yum yum big stink....
                      you can keep natto but if you gonna be doing a kusaya bbq anytime soon
                      i is on the top of the list
                      nicest tasting stinky thing in the world....

Comment

I said YUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Originally posted by Hei Dao
                        . If you want to be truly Japanese you have to develop a taste for this rotten delicacy. Period.
                        Umm, I'm Canehdeean, eh!
                        Besides, if I liked it, so many of my Native Frendo would just be so disappointed. Even the ones that don't care for it.
                        Gotta think of others' feelings to be truly Japanese, no?

Comment

But you just don't know the flavour your missing out on dude, as you get that rotten fish in between your teeth. It is like chomping down on a bit of old toilet refuse!
                          And the aftertaste in your mouth as you catch the subway home!
                          It is divine!

Comment

Originally posted by Hei Dao
                            But you just don't know the flavour your missing out on dude, as you get that rotten fish in between your teeth. It is like chomping down on a bit of old toilet refuse!
                            And the aftertaste in your mouth as you catch the subway home!
                            It is divine!
                            To forgive is divine. Rotten fish is just Yukky.

Night

Comment

some stuff

MAn, the subject has changed alote!

The 'KKK' thing is not necessarily a thing with westernization. "ameriKKKa" is a contemptous spelling of "America". Look it up!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=ameriKKKa&r=f

I'm gonna rebel against the evils of shaving!

I hate it that when PPL disagree with my statements, they incenuate that I'm dangerous or not sane.

anyway, I have referred to Mordor, Gondor and all for the LOTR kick. america is Angmar for those of yoo who have read the books. China has been called Mordor too many times for america to be Mordor, but I may have called it that.

4 Star Wars, of course, Galactic Empire or even Evil Empire.

Babylon is a reference to Biblical prophecy that I believe to be true. Read Revelation Chapter 18. That's some cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X