X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Is Time America Admitted It Lost the Iraq War

The title says it all: It is time America admitted it lost the Iraq War. For all the USA's firepower and number of men under arms and nuclear arsenal, it has been unable to subdue a tiny Third World country of only 23 million souls. It is a shocking defeat for the US and it is one that is going to reverberate through the years to come, to slowly bring down the American superpower which exists today, and end the age of American dominace. I know that in writing this I am likely to incur the wrath of American patriots like MorningStar and SinCity -- and to be honest, I have nothing against these otherwise fine gentlemen. It is only natural to want to be a patriot for your country. The trouble starts when you become blind to the facts on the ground. A lot of Americans (MorningStar and SinCity amongst them) lost track with reality a long time ago, at least when it comes to the politics of the Middle East. For their benefit, let me recuperate some of these facts:

FACT 1 --- The American Invasion ("Liberation") of Iraq took place in April 2003. It was supposed to be a breeze, and Iraq was meant to quickly become an American-style democracy, complete with baseball games in every village and hotdog stands on every street and Britney Spears videos on Iraqi TV. It never happened. Now it is more than 2 years after the "Liberation", and the country of Iraq still seems deadly and lawless. Absolutely no progress has been made. How could the Bush Government remain in power after presiding over such a dismal military failure?

FACT 2 -- The only country that benefited from the invasion of Iraq was Israel. Actually, in my opinion, Israel is the most powerful country in the world today -- and America is Israel's servant. When Israel sends an order to Washington DC, Washington DC complies -- that's a fact. Just how the Jews got power over the US is anyone's guess, but they do have power. Someone is bound to call me anti-Semitic for making that remark. I have been called an anti-Semite before. But what does that mean? -- Iraqi's are also Semities (like Jews they are part of the Semitic race). Therefore MorningStar and George Bush and others could be called anti-Semites, because they supported the invasion of the Semitic Iraqi nation.

FACT 3 -- Now that the USA is bogged down in an endless and unwinnable war in Iraq, other anti-American nations in the world (Iran, North Korea, China) will realize that the odds are on their side. They can go out and do mischief and they will know that the USA, for all its empty threats, is powerless to do anything about it. Because all of its army and firepower is bogged down in the Iraqi desert, chasing shadows.

FACT 4 -- At the end of the day, people like George Bush don't care that the USA has fallen into an unwinnable spider's web of a war in Iraq. They know that the world has moved into a new era, the era of Globalism. It doesn't matter what country you live in, national boundaries have disappeared. The only important thing is if you are making money. So, a lot of American companies are making monet from the war Iraq -- and they would be happy if the war against Iraq lasted forever, because it would mean they would make money forever. And as for the US soldiers who will be serving the rest of their lives in Iraq? Who cares about them? They are only trailer trash from the South, after all?

Anti Anti Semitism?

Originally posted by Hei Dao

FACT 2 -- The only country that benefited from the invasion of Iraq was Israel. Actually, in my opinion, Israel is the most powerful country in the world today -- and America is Israel's servant. When Israel sends an order to Washington DC, Washington DC complies -- that's a fact. Just how the Jews got power over the US is anyone's guess, but they do have power. Someone is bound to call me anti-Semitic for making that remark. I have been called an anti-Semite before. But what does that mean? -- Iraqi's are also Semities (like Jews they are part of the Semitic race). Therefore MorningStar and George Bush and others could be called anti-Semites, because they supported the invasion of the Semitic Iraqi nation.

FACT 4 -- And as for the US soldiers who will be serving the rest of their lives in Iraq? Who cares about them? They are only trailer trash from the South, after all?
    FACT 2: Invidious sophistry is not your forte. I don't think of you as an Anti-Semite, just a bit of a twit.

FACT 4: that's a horribble way to talk about your own family.

Comment

Paul Wolfowitz, the brainchild of the Iraq invasion, is Jewish and is strongly pro-Israel. To his credit, he supports a Palestinian state.

Comment

Originally posted by Frungy
        Paul Wolfowitz, the brainchild of the Iraq invasion, is Jewish and is strongly pro-Israel. To his credit, he supports a Palestinian state.
        Golda Meier was also Jewish. When she was Prime Minister, during a spate of sexual assaults in Jerusalem, a conservative cabinet coalition member suggested that they impose a curfew on wimmins to try and prevent rape. Meier responded thusly:
        "Vat, are you a schpitzka? Ve put za curfew on the mins. It isn't the wimmins who is doing the raping."

Comment

If there is one thing more annoying than the neocons it is the stupidity of those who oppose them as agents of Israel. The neocons are stupid nasty rascist right-wing morons; as are the anti-semites.

Must go, duty and the Izakaya call!

Comment

Originally posted by stillnosheep
            If there is one thing more annoying than the neocons it is the stupidity of those who oppose them as agents of Israel. The neocons are stupid nasty rascist right-wing morons; as are the anti-semites.

Must go, duty and the Izakaya call!
            Well, the Christian Right & neocons share a common cause and enemy with the Zionists these days ('Zionists', not to be confused with Jews or Israelis in general), and whether the idiots on either side actually like each other, they do lobby together.

But Hei Dao (is that 'Black Way', 'Black Knife', or just a name?),
            While I agree overall that America's got some reality to fess up to (even though you know Bush's response to this whole argument is "We make reality."), I just wanted to point out that your 'facts' 2 & 4 conflict. In fact 2 you buy into that ignorant skinhead ZOG sh*t, saying ONLY Israel gained by the Iraq invasion. In fact 4 you point out the war profiteering by American companies. So which cabal is it? And what trailor park are you from?

Comment

I agree

Yes, Aha yes,

You are absolutely correct. Glad to see you blossoming like a true sakura.

Comment

Why would a spruce pine wanna be a sakura?

Pleeease don't agree with me. Then I'll start to think I'm wrong.

Comment

C'mon Aha

Originally posted by aha yes
                  Pleeease don't agree with me. Then I'll start to think I'm wrong.
                  My fact on history are pretty much right on. I admit, sometimes I shoot from the hip but who deosn't. I'm sure you have a couple of gafs from time to time, right ?
                  You can trust me !

Comment

the US has not only lost the war in Iraq, they've totally lost the plot.

I hope I'm around long enough to see the dark empire collapse like the bloated rotten carcass of two week old heifer in the bottom paddock.

Comment

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter to me whether thousands of Americans end up dying in Iraq, or not. I am not American, there is no chance I am going to get called up to serve as a soldier in Iraq, and I am not planning to holiday there anytime within the next 100 years. So I have no personal interest in this issue at all, which actually makes me rather unbiased in commenting on the issue, because I am a neutral observer rather than participant.
                      However, as a student of history and someone who understands the Middle East reasonably well, I only feel sorry for the American people who have been brainwashed into thinking that the invasion of Iraq is going to amount to anything. If any American or American supporter wants to win this argument, they could lay in with the winning punch. I will let you lay a punch on me -- show me that Iraq is better off now than it was 2 years ago, show me that American soldiers are leaving Iraq after finishing a glorious mission. But there is no winning punch, and no end to the glorious mission, because more than 2 years after the invasion of Iraq began, more than 100,000 American troops are still inside Iraq. My impression is, they are never going to come home. And perhaps they are not supposed to come home. While they stay in Iraq keeping the peace, American companies can make a fortune exploiting the Iraqi economy. And looking over their shoulders, the Zionists that occupy both the White House and Knesset in Israel can commend themselves on a job well done.
                      It is time for American people to realise that Zionism doesn't serve them. The first step would be -- refuse to serve in the US military. If you are stupid enough to sign up, you can expect to spend the rest of your life in some foreign hell hole such as Iraq.

Comment

In Case You Didn't Need Any More Encouragement

I may be a twit, but I think I do understand Middle Eastern geopolitics, better than the average GaijinPot poster. Which is why I think America is losing badly in its war against Iraq.
                        But don't take my word for it, read the opinion of an ordinary American, who thinks that American troops should be recalled at once:

This is from an internal American army radio interview broadcast in the Middle East:

"Can you tell me your name, rank, and where you served?
                        My name is Nicholas Przybyla. I was an E3 in the Navy. I served on the U.S.S. Peleliu with the Peleliu Amphibious Ready Group, 13th Marine Special Operations Capable. We did the first initial invasion of Afghanistan from 2001 to 2002.

Why are you here today?
                        I'm here to stop the war I guess trying to put an end to it and let people know what's going on is total bull____. I had a top secret clearance and every day we would receive intelligence briefings twice a day, and it came down towards the end of our deployment that we had killed about twenty suspected terrorists, members of the Taliban.
                        We got about seven hostages onboard and the total deaths of civilian casualties was about three thousand-most of them were children\, and I just don't think that's a good way to fight a war just to blow the ____ out of a country, kill a bunch of innocent people, and then charge into another country that has nothing to do with it.
                        Towards the end of our deployment the intelligence briefings that we got said that the 13th Marines had Osama bin Laden and all his buddies cornered in the Tora Bora Mountains, and it was only a matter of time before we uncovered them. After we were relieved, we were relieved by the (Bomb Homer Shard) Amphibious Ready Group. They went in and did the same thing that we did, have him even more cornered and after that they just let him go.
                        All the troops were pulled out and sent to Iraq over bull____ when the real person that was responsible for September 11th was set free. That's a fact.
                        That's the true intelligence, military intelligence that I received on a day to day basis and they say according to our intelligence the real threat was Iraq. Well I remember receiving those intelligence briefings and that's not the truth at all and I'm starting to think that's all a fact and my personal opinion is that I think the Bush administration wanted bin Laden to go free so that they could scare the rest of the country and just keep them scared and move into Iraq and not be questioned about it.

Did you know anything about Afghanistan before you went over there?
                        I joined during peacetime\the whole "Navy let the journey begin" thing\I came from a real ____ hole in the Detroit area pretty much an abandoned industrial town because all the automotive companies pulled out so we didn't have any money.
                        I joined the military to try to give my parents a chance to retire.
                        We got to Darwin Australia on September 11, so we were the first troops deployed to Afghanistan and we didn't hear very much about it. The most vivid thing I can remember is just to show you how much the troops are brainwashed. When the planes hit the towers we heard that New York and Washington had been attacked and lots of Americans were dead. There wasn't any remorse on the ship, of course they were a couple of exceptions, but the majority of troops though on board were celebrating because they finally got a chance to go to war.

What would you say to someone that might be thinking of joining the military today?
                        I would say don't do it. It's not worth it. I joined the military and now like I said before sometimes I get people that come up to me and say thank you for your contribution thank you for protecting us and I think that's kind of stupid because we weren't protecting them at all.
                        Our National Guard is gone. America's weaker than it's ever been on a home front attack, and it's completely pointless to go to Iraq and die over something that serves no purpose. It's completely insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Hei Dao
                          I may be a twit, but I think I do understand Middle Eastern geopolitics, better than the average GaijinPot poster. Which is why I think America is losing badly in its war against Iraq.
                          Is that so? And what evidence have you presented thus far that lends credence to that claim? Haven't seen anything yet...

Comment

Is it a war, or is it just a show?

Saying that America is winning or losing the war right now is pointless. Why did our fearless leader even want to go to war in Iraq? It couldn't have just been oil, no one is that stupid. It obviously wasn't WMD or terrorism, and don't try to feed me a BS "spreading democracy" line, which is just a charade in the places where it's happening... To win or lose there must be some goal, some objective. In Vietnam it was to stop the spread of communism, so we definately lost that one. Can someone please tell me why the hell we're in Iraq? If it's just so corporations can make money building weapons and supplying troops, well then I'd say GWB is winning, because companies that manufacture weapons and supply troops are doing great.

As for all of the soldiers being "White trash southerners", check out the fatalities and you'll find lots of Latin Americans from Texas and California.

As for Israel controlling the US, that just sounds like an idiotic attempt at trolling. The US has special interest in Israel because of its very stragic position (geographically and politically) in the middle eastern oil bed. If the Arab world didn't care about Israel, we wouldn't. If the Arab world had no oil, we wouldn't care about Israel.

As for US soldiers being there forever. Well, they'll be there as long as it economically makes sense to those in power for them to stay there. Be it for oil, or for the benefit of Haliburton (and other such corporations). As soon as these things disappear, US troops will come home relatively quickly, with or without leaving a power vaccuum. Unclear as to when this will happen, but it will eventually.

As for any of the other points, I don't like to make novel long posts, so maybe I'll enter the fray again later.

Comment

the point of the war is to continue it until the world oil supply dwindles to nothing
                              giving america an excuse to stay close to the source and control it till the last drop

america effectively bombed afghanistan back into the middle ages (sic) and managed to finish their pipeline

god help us if other potentially rich sources of crude oil spring to light.... imagine how hard it would be to fabricate terrorists in, lets say Denmark, Canada or Iceland ..........

Comment

Working...
                              X