X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Eight Rocks!!!!!!

Yeap. Bob Geldof did it again. Live 8, 9 cities, 2 million visitors, 3 billion observers in a common aim that no longer each 3 seconds a child dies.
    Who could not give support to this cause?
    I m sorry I m not able to come as a visitor in person, but I did wrote my name on a list of supporters at www.live8live.com . Were some of you there at the Tokyo concert??

no info.

News of the event is real quiet over where I am,even on the television as there is no information.I just came across all the news surfing the internet yesterday.

Comment

Press News

From AOL NEWS:

The first concert kicked off in Japan, where Bjork and Good Charlotte joined local bands for a show that failed to generate much interest in Asia's only G-8 nation. Despite Bjork making her first live performance in two years, the crowd of 10,000 people was only half of what the hall in the Tokyo suburb of Makuhari could hold.

Still, ''we believe passionately in what this is about,'' Bjork said. ''Just the acknowledgment of the problem is an important step.''

Comment

Pink Floyd and Waters

It got Pink Floyd back together, with the difficult Roger Waters! Now thats a feat in itself. I wish I could have seen those 4, the REAL Floyd, just once .

oh and it for a good cause too I guess

Comment

I have been watching for a few hours now

http://music.channel.aol.com/live_8_...t/home/uk_main

Comment

Im hooked- help!

Damn you Electric! You got me hooked on that link. Ive just watched The Cure (they kicked arse) and am waiting patiently for Pink Floyd and maybe Muse. I cant leave the house and do anything now. _______ Great link.

Comment

Live8live.com

Today is a good Sunday to sit back and relax and watch something good finally.
              In a matter of days another good day will appear as the lastest and final chapter of STAR WARS opens.
              Confined to my chair here watching the best musician's do whatever they can for the cause that has haunted BOB GELDOF.
              Enjoy it while you can~!!!.

Comment

Pink Floyd Rocked!

I just finished watching the Floyd on the Live 8 link. ____ me! I very plesently surprised. To be honest I was expecting a half arsed performance but those guys, as old as they look now, gave it their all, almost like it was the 70's again.

I am partically impressed 'cause Waters was there, For those of you who dont know the Floyd, Waters (the bassist, lyricist and overall leader) and Gilmour (Singer and Guitar God) have hated each others guts for at least 20 years now. To see then put all thier personal issues aside for what they both see as a noble bigger cause is touching. And they did kiss and make up at the end (almost literally).

Inspirational.

Lessons to be learnt here.

Comment

A shame for Tokyo

How come in London there were about 400,000 people at the concert and in Tokyo only 10,000. Yeah, I know that in Tokyo the only big name was Bjork , but still, Tokyo is 2 times bigger...
                  A shame really. Shows how much Jpns are still isolated and don t care about world problems. Your statement Electric that it was scarcely announced in news seconds this standpoint.
                  How come Japan thinks it will become a part of UN Security Council when it s not interested in anything that s not right across its eyes...???

Comment

Originally posted by noskich
                    How come in London there were about 400,000 people at the concert and in Tokyo only 10,000. Yeah, I know that in Tokyo the only big name was Bjork , but still, Tokyo is 2 times bigger...
                    A shame really. Shows how much Jpns are still isolated and don t care about world problems. Your statement Electric that it was scarcely announced in news seconds this standpoint.
                    How come Japan thinks it will become a part of UN Security Council when it s not interested in anything that s not right across its eyes...???
                    Rabbit I think you are making too much of a big deal out of this Live 8 thing, I think it's unfair to judge a countries ambitions/attitudes towards world politics against the turnout to one hurridly organised pop concert.Before you start saying im bullying you or acting tartish I'm not saying dont give your opinion on it, I'm just saying find something more substantial to back your argument up with.
                    Does anyone else think Madonna made a bit of a tit our of herself in London? saying things like "let re-write history" and using an African as a prop, alot of what i saw of Live 8 was celebs being egotisticle and self richetous, disapointing.

Comment

Originally posted by currypanman
                      Rabbit I think you are making too much of a big deal out of this Live 8 thing, I think it's unfair to judge a countries ambitions/attitudes towards world politics against the turnout to one hurridly organised pop concert.Before you start saying im bullying you or acting tartish I'm not saying dont give your opinion on it, I'm just saying find something more substantial to back your argument up with.
                      Does anyone else think Madonna made a bit of a tit our of herself in London? saying things like "let re-write history" and using an African as a prop, alot of what i saw of Live 8 was celebs being egotisticle and self richetous, disapointing.
                      Yeah Ifm with you on this one Curryc

Comment

Does this work?

Live Aid, Live 8, and We are the world. They all sounded good, but can anyone tell me were the money really went. As I understand, the majority of the funds for live aid were misused by African Government and never real got to the people they were suppose to go to. Cali

Comment

you re missing the point

Yeah, half of the celebrities there were just for marketing themselves (especially Will Smith , Madonna, Robbie Williams, Bono etc.). Although there are people who are truly doing it for the cause like Geldof or REM that s not the point. Also 130 million dollars collected can not change much. The point is to enlist this topic to everyday media agenda and as a constant disccusion of world wide public opinion and concern. When did you hear before that each day 30,000 children day from hunger unless you read UN reports, or books specifically written on this topic???

Comment

I think thats why the first Live Aid was a success, because since then everyones known about it. The second one seemed a little contrived,

Comment

where does the real money come from?

While individuals giving money to something like this is nice, I think the real aim should be to get people interested enough so they put pressure on their governments to help, that's where the real differences are made.

America has the second highest GDP per person in the world (about $36,000) yet it is the 21st most generous donor, giving only 6 cents per $100 in aid. Compare that to Denmark which give $1.04 per $100, or even France at .40 cents per $100.

Japan, on the other hand, has the 13th largest GDP and is 12th most generous, which sounds about right. Yes, I know the aid has strings attached, but probably true of all countries.

Comment

Working...
                              X