X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London being bombed!!!!!!!

if you're not watching the news and playing with your computer....

About 6 bombs have gone off this morning on the Underground and 1 on a bus.
    Last edited by CM; 2005-07-07, 07:44 PM.

You can listen live on the bbc website www.bbc.co.uk

very very disturbing.Im not looking forward to going home.

Comment

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feckin Hell, men!

I hope everyone's everyones are safe and sound.

Umm, sympathies, to my little imperialist friends.

Comment

Just had thought!

Before I get any attacks from fellow potters - this is not meant to be a political view nore am I trolling.
        It is a fear about world peace.

I am worried that after NY was attacked the US and UK took action on Afganistan then Iraq. Of course followed by much speculation about who knew.
        Recently Iran has been in the spotlight.
        I hope that this latest attack on London is not going to be the excuse all our so called "elected representatives" need to invade Iran....
        Lets face it these countries are running out of "cannon fodder" or "troops" as we would like to think of them. That would mean there could be a letter in the post for many of us. That puts th s#*ts up me....

PEACE!!!

Comment

Whats more*
          http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/...523392,00.html
          Again I ask - Who Knew?

Comment

the casualty figures are very high (over 200 right now) so this is a very serious incident.
            I have a friend in london but cannot contact her phone at present. Its most disturbing.

Comment

Well I was due to go to the Japanese Embassy in Picadilly, London today to register for my Visa. However on Monday I went to make an appointment at the hairdresses, 'I can only do Thursday' she told me, 'thats OK' I replied I'll go to London Wednesday instead. I think I owe her a drink.

It was always going to happen was just a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by donpaulo
                the casualty figures are very high (over 200 right now) so this is a very serious incident.
                I have a friend in london but cannot contact her phone at present. Its most disturbing.
                Mobile phone networks are turned off in these incidents, many bombs are usually triggered by mobile phones so they turn the system off apparently

Comment

Really horrible. But a bit of perspective;

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

Comment

Originally posted by mac71
                    Mobile phone networks are turned off in these incidents, many bombs are usually triggered by mobile phones so they turn the system off apparently
                    Mobile phone systems are switched off during a terrorist attack and all other phones (domestic and business)are switched off during a major attack and radio silence is observed by all police. However public BT phones are always in service even during nuclear attack. A law made durng the 60's which as far as I know has not been changed.

Get yourself in a phone box if you need to call someone but you may not get through unless they are in a phone box or police station.

Comment

My heart goes out to everyone from the UK. The U.S. has two close allies in the world one is Canada and the other is the UK. The UK extended their hand and their heart out to the U.S. after 9/11. I hope we can do the same for the UK. I hope the UK rises above this and become stronger from this tragedy. Cali

Comment

Canada's Deputy Prime Minister comes on TV and tries to calm things down with a series of "ugh........XXXX" "Ugh...... XXX" etc etc.

I fail to see why terrorists would want to do any harm to Canada. There is nothing there. Canada sents no troops with US, a few peacekeepers in Afg. Canada has no trooops. Canada has 2 subs. 1 disabled, 1 in action.

Canada has nothing spectacular, no anti-terror sentiment like the US, peaceful.

aweq out

Comment

Originally posted by CM
                          Lets face it these countries are running out of "cannon fodder" or "troops" as we would like to think of them. That would mean there could be a letter in the post for many of us. That puts th s#*ts up me....

PEACE!!!
                          Peace is unlikely in the current climate. Peak oil back in the 80s, rising use per capitas in China dn India, tho still very low compared to the west... I should think that things are going to get a whole lot worse... bring back the cold war : )

Comment

My condolences to the victims

Actually, last night I attended a lecture by Dr. Bruce Cummings at Temple University in Azabu-juban when I heard about the bombings in London. Did anybody attend his lecture last night 7/7? His lecture was on North Korea and the Axis of Evil. Mr. Cummings had made several references to Bush's foreign policy and how it has affected terrorism. The attacks that took place in London didn't surprise me at all ! In fact, we would be quite naive to believe that London was not vulnerable to a terrorist attack seeing as it has used force(war) in the name of freedom along with the United States. As so poignantly stated by Blair," A readiness for peace is a chance for war." Hmmm...So a readiness to rid the infidel is a chance to go to heaven ??
                            I don't know...

What's sad is that innocent people have died and are still dying as we speak; people who would rather lead normal lives on both sides ! People who would rather live without Democracy while at the same be apart of the international community without being branded as terroist. Who's next ? Do we invade Iran ? I would hope that Britain emulates Spain. Mr. Blair should console the bereaved and bury the dead first ! Avoid the dangerous pre-emptive doctrine of G.W. Bush. Blair should seek a European consensus on what to do next. What he shouldn't do is jump on G.W. Bush's band wagon and start "Hee-Hawing" across Europe preaching " see, see ,see, they did it to Us now they did it to You, so let's go to war against Iran now."
                            We need to rid the world of the #1 Terrorist first and that's G.W. Bush. Let the world unite against terrorism !

McTojo !

Comment

I BET that they try to make a link between this and Iran. It is being cooked up right now. They are desperate to link Iran with Bin Laden and 9/11, and have an excuse to go into Iran next.

Comment

Working...
                              X