• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver injured after man fires shots at two passing cars

Originally posted by GaijinPot News
    Driver injured after man fires shots at two passing cars
    1:13pm Monday, December 26

YOKOHAMA -- A man fired shots at two passing cars early on Monday, slightly injuring the driver of one of the vehicles, police said.

At around 1:25 a.m., one of several men standing on a municipal road in the Serigatani district of Minami-ku, Yokohama, fired at least two shots at two cars passing him, local police said.

One of the bullets penetrated through a window of one of the cars, and hit the frame of its windshield. The driver of the car, a 28-year-old government worker, suffered slight injuries to his right hand after a fragment of the window pierced it.

Investigators suspect that the gunman targeted the black car traveling slowly ahead of the public servant's car.

The prefectural police's anti-gang division and the local police station are searching for the gunman and his accomplices on suspicion of violating the Firearms and Swords Control Law, while analyzing the bullets.

"I heard shots and looked out to see several men screaming and fighting with each other," a 35-year-old man who owns a shop near the scene said.

"I heard four shots. I frequently see people fighting near shops in this neighborhood, but the incident is really scary as it happened at the end of the year," a housewife living near the scene said.
    Really scary as it happened at the end of the year? How is someone getting shot at in December marginally scarier than some getting shot at in August?
Working...
X