X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a God .

Just ask the folk in west Virginia ,one praising his holiness for delivering their souls alive amnd well ,then 5 minutes later ,no God .

Thats right you suckers ,No Fukiiin God no heaven

just bad people milking it for whats its worth .

BTW Out of 500 people ,when a guy asked of them to go to the church and pray for the one they thought had originally died 4 people turned up ,the others too busy rejoicing ,tough ____ they probably thought.

Or maybe there is God ,and they were alive ,and he has a wicked sense of humour ,that God he`s a bugger.

Personally, I believe there is a god – but he needs us to meet him halfway.

People wonder why he didnft care about those people buried in the mine? But how often do we really care about people outside our own experience? People rarely think to stop and help others who need assistance but expect god to come in and clean things up without anybody getting involved.

If we all really started to show some care for people beyond our own circles then god would start to help out more too. Until humans really show we care for one another why should god waste his time?

Look at it this way – if you were god would you help out these people? If your goodness had to be spread evenly to all people would you give your goodness to Bush, Saddam, and Iranfs mullahs as well as to the poor and starving? If your goodness was just going to be wasted on a lot of people would you do it anyway?

Maybe god is already pouring in as much good as he can but too many of us humans are just pouring it out the other side.

Comment

does it really matter if god exist or not?
      i am open to anything, for the time being i don't beileve in what ever we call god, or any other name, words etc.

for chr.t sake

Comment

On here God is The One.

Comment

alright let's add the one too,
          i don't beileve in them either, for the time being!

Comment

Where's the poll?

Short answer yes with an if
            long answer no with a but

Comment

just few minutes ago i received a call from her,
              i beileve in that god,, for the time being, of course!!

Comment

Originally posted by Basic
                Personally, I believe there is a god – but he needs us to meet him halfway.

People wonder why he didnft care about those people buried in the mine? But how often do we really care about people outside our own experience? People rarely think to stop and help others who need assistance but expect god to come in and clean things up without anybody getting involved.

If we all really started to show some care for people beyond our own circles then god would start to help out more too. Until humans really show we care for one another why should god waste his time?

Look at it this way – if you were god would you help out these people? If your goodness had to be spread evenly to all people would you give your goodness to Bush, Saddam, and Iranfs mullahs as well as to the poor and starving? If your goodness was just going to be wasted on a lot of people would you do it anyway?

Maybe god is already pouring in as much good as he can but too many of us humans are just pouring it out the other side.
                Basic you have some good points ,forgiveness like the family who showed forgiveness to the killers who put and icepick thru their honours student child in a racial attack .

When ,OJ`s wife was found dead ,and the news was told to a friend of her "boyfriend " that she
                had been killed and alos there was a guy killed with her .The freimds reaction was shock to the wifes death and he said I don`t give a ____ about the guy ,which he later found out was his friend

This is Americanism where people are only concerned with themselves ,and don`t give a ____ about anyone else( the majority) ,the problem is Amrecanism is spreading thrughout the world ,get rich quick ,believe in God and don`t give a ____ about anyone else.

Comment

Yes there is a God. Me.

The rest of you are just a figment of my imagination.

Without me you'd all be ..........nothing.

Comment

I grew up in W. PA, where they mine coal. My God said to me: Son, you can't dance or sing, so don't move to Memphis. So I said, I know, I'll mine coal, because my pappy did, and his pappy before him, and his pappy before him. And you know what God said? He said, No, don't do that. Go teach EFL in Japan.

And one more thing. Don't believe in miracles, but if one does happen, don't think it's because you deserved it anymore than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by CLOWNPUNCHER
                      Yes there is a God. Me.

The rest of you are just a figment of my imagination.

Without me you'd all be ..........nothing.
                      twight light zone, i forgot how to pronounce, that what it sound.

you have a point in there, even if you were sarcastic.

with out you or each all of us, god would not exist.

i like that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Halliday
                        I grew up in W. PA, where they mine coal. My God said to me: Son, you can't dance or sing, so don't move to Memphis. So I said, I know, I'll mine coal, because my pappy did, and his pappy before him, and his pappy before him. And you know what God said? He said, No, don't do that. Go teach EFL in Japan.

And one more thing. Don't believe in miracles, but if one does happen, don't think it's because you deserved it anymore than anyone else.

thare are not miracles!!

Comment

It's a nice topic...

...but I couldn't help but wonder if it is getting serious attention. For that matter, one wonders why it might require serious attention at all. We are, after all, living in the years post 'age-of-enlightenment'.

The people and religions and philosophies have become scattered and the individuals are working at cross-purposes to recover old knowledge blown about by the winds of our histories.

I noticed in another thread a question of spirituality in today's Japan. I see in TM's original post some anger, and I wonder if there is cynicism, or if a deep belief is itself trying to be expressed. Sensei?

How can one look around the world today and not be but consumed by the heat. It takes a steady eye, lads n ladies. Be of steady heart and good cheer. Love one another and use your great brain efficiently for the short time alloted you.
                          Life is actually a good thing.

A good place to begin a discussion of the existence of God might be perhaps to first try and define that God whose existence we are determining to judge. Plato defined it metaphysically, the Egyptians Hieroglyphically. The Hebrews added number and the rennaissance revival of Europe took the knowledge of King and Empire creation all the way to the WhiteHouse through a learning center protected by skulls and bones.

God is an Old topic with a larger view than your next door neighbors' understanding of the teachings of Paul.

Comment

god existance!!
                            i am very cynical about this, but i also know that been as we are, it will be an argument that will never end.

(love one another) we did not need any desciple or prophets, or saints whoever they are, to tell us that.

it is in our nature to love each other, and viceversa, it is and it was in our inner to love to respect each other. we never needed any priciples on teaching or preaching us, (bible, koran, torah, etc...)

those are simply books, they are written by writers like the modern wirter write a book, to express their mind, we are just the interpretetor.

god is just a fruit of our imagination, which it can be good for who wants to beileve in it, but don't impose it.

Comment

So you are saying....

You are cynical regarding the topic. Why?

You are not a great lover of books? Or authors? Or saints? Or simply irritated with all those preachers of love?

I notice that you are quite the prolific poster in this forum. I have only been here a few minutes however and haven't had the opportunity to read anything else you are writing. I wonder, does this topic in particular anger you? If so, are you just venting or giving a little support to TM who began the thread with an anger of his own.

I wonder, though the knowledge of love, as you say, is so deeply rooted within the human psyche, that the tendency to anger and annhilation of the same be as consistent. Perhaps a good teacher once or twice a millenium is not such a bad thing.

'concepts are meant to be broken' is not bad once in a while, but if you break the one that says 'look both ways before crossing' you are likely to get hurt. Until unless your intuition has been so sufficiently honed like the animal so that you don't even have to turn your head to know that danger is near, and then they still look to see what's coming.
                              Last edited by Deva; 2006-01-06, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X