X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey McAlpine

Interested to hear your views on this one.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0060202a2.html

Originally posted by J.T

A nation of rednecks. It's as if the entire country is one, big, backwoods trailer park.

European royalty have been intermarrying for centuries but then they aren't "divine" as the emperor of Japan is supposed to be.

Comment

Well this is the redneck country alright...

But if _that_ happens, Japanese can always follow the British royal example by setting up an auto accident to rectify the situation, no?

Comment

Is that story for feckin' real??!!

First off I thought it must be a spoof, but then a quick check of the calendar showed it to be Feb. 2 and not April 1. Also the website seems legit and real, too.

So I can only conclude that arsehole and his supporters actually did have a meeting and he came out with that racist, xenophobic, sexist crap. In any other 'advanced' country the public airing of such reactionary and offensive comments would bring scorn from the media and civil society, but not in good 'ol Japan. Oh no, sir. Racist, sexist, and just plain illogical comments are made by public figures all the time and no censure ever happens. Just ask the good Guvner of Tokyo, old 'Blinky' Ishihara, and any geriatric LDP member who still thinks he is the descendant of the Sun Goddess Amaterasu or whatever her feckin' name was....

God, sometimes I really hate this country:-(

Thanks for putting me in a bad mood, JT!
        Last edited by sankokujin; 2006-02-02, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sankokujin
          Is that story for feckin' real??!!

First off I thought it must be a spoof, but then a quick check of the calendar showed it to be Feb. 2 and not April 1. Also the website seems legit and real, too.

So I can only conclude that arsehole and his supporters actually did have a meeting and he came out with that racist, xenophobic, sexist crap. In any other 'advanced' country the public airing of such reactionary and offensive comments would bring scorn from the media and civil society, but not in good 'ol Japan. Oh no, sir. Racist, sexist, and just plain illogical comments are made by public figures all the time and no censure ever happens. Just ask the good Guvner of Tokyo, old 'Blinky' Ishihara, and any geriatric LDP member who still thinks he is the descendant of the Sun Goddess Amaterasu or whatever her feckin' name was....

God, sometimes I really hate this country:-(

Thanks for putting me in a bad mood, JT!

Man, you got all that right; this in a country that's capital city is run by a fascist.

Comment

appauling

Originally posted by J.T

J.T. thanks again for sparking my imagination and rekindling my "Japanesese Only" ambitions.. Please support the N.C.F. because a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

I have no problem with a female ascending to the throne. In Japan's long and glorious history their have been eight reigning emperesses who have taken the mantle of divine Daughter of Heaven. And it wasn't until Emperor Meiji changed the law stipulating that only males could ascend to the throne which banned all women from becoming emperesses. So women have always played a role in the political dynamics of Japan so the argunent as to whether they should allow a female to ascend back to the throne is baseless.

Now, when it comes to matters of race mixing then I get sensitive. I love sex with Japanese women but that doesn't justify making a baby who'll probably grow up even more mixed up then the mother ! Moreover, creating an identity crisis within the child at an early age which could lead to autism and aloofness in the childs behavior because of (s)he's inability to fit into a social set. When you see a bi-racial couple then people consider it a novelty because it's cool to be different, but to willfully create a baby knowing full well that 90% of the population will shun him/her is a little unfair for the child, don't you think ? Being responsible for the babies welfare before they're born is just as important as after they are born !! But some parents are so oblivious to this reality that they only stick to their own selfish ambitions then the child suffers.

The throne needs to remain pure ! I need not say more.

Comment

Colour

If we changed blue to brown, would it read:

"If Aiko becomes the reigning empress and gets involved with a brown-eyed foreigner while studying abroad and marries him, their child would become a brown-eyed emperor," Hiranuma told about 40 lawmakers, academics and supporters at a Tokyo hall. "We can let that happen."

Comment

Some politicians want Japanese royalty to stay Japanese.

And this makes you angry??

Fair enough, the way it was said is just gaijin-bashing, but why on earth should Japan have a mixed parentage monarch?

The next 40 US Presidents are going to be white, middle-aged, male WASPs. A far more serious problem.

Comment

Originally posted by diva
                  The next 40 US Presidents are going to be white, middle-aged, male WASPs. A far more serious problem.
                  Even more scary, the next president might be Hillary Clinton.

Comment

Originally posted by Yodogawa
                    If we changed blue to brown, would it read:

"If Aiko becomes the reigning empress and gets involved with a brown-eyed foreigner while studying abroad and marries him, their child would become a brown-eyed emperor," Hiranuma told about 40 lawmakers, academics and supporters at a Tokyo hall. "We can let that happen."
                    No not quite... It would actually read like this:

"If Aiko becomes the reigning empress and gets involved with an INFERIOR brown-eyed foreigner while studying abroad and marries him, their child would become an INFERIOR brown-eyed emperor," Hiranuma told about 40 lawmakers, academics and supporters at a Tokyo hall. "We can NEVER let that happen."

That aside...

You know what folks, I know what we need...

What we need is a brave, virile blue-eyed foreigner strong enough to penetrate the imperial defences of Her Highness and successfully corrupt the supreme Imperial Line.

Hey, that will make lots of people here happy. Or so I suppose.

Any volunteers here? Hey, I am willing to donate money for the pregnancy test kit.

Comment

Originally posted by mcalpine
                      Now, when it comes to matters of race mixing then I get sensitive. I love sex with Japanese women but that doesn't justify making a baby who'll probably grow up even more mixed up then the mother ! Moreover, creating an identity crisis within the child at an early age which could lead to autism and aloofness in the childs behavior because of (s)he's inability to fit into a social set. When you see a bi-racial couple then people consider it a novelty because it's cool to be different, but to willfully create a baby knowing full well that 90% of the population will shun him/her is a little unfair for the child, don't you think ? Being responsible for the babies welfare before they're born is just as important as after they are born !! But some parents are so oblivious to this reality that they only stick to their own selfish ambitions then the child suffers.

The throne needs to remain pure ! I need not say more.
                      Toejam, it never ceases to amaze me what a brainless ____ you really are. Even if you want to blame the parents cuz 90% of society are racist pigs, bi-racial kids don't have to grow up confused about who or what they are, and I'd really like to see where this stinking turd of a tidbit about autism and aloofness comes from. Bi-racial kids have two cultures to pick and choose from – yeah they have to go through life dealing with misinformed yet loudmouth numbskulls like you who would have them believe there's something wrong with them – but in the end they'll probably just end up more independent-minded and flexible than a proudly monocultural ass like yourself.

If there's even one piece of this reeaaallly offensive and stupid diatribe of yours that approaches good sense, it's this: People who develop to the highest levels of intercultural competence (an integrative ethnorelative view) tend to be marginalized by mainstream society – not necessarily bi-racials, mind you, but anyone who manages to reach that level. I suppose bi-culturals are more inclined to reach such a level, due to the fact that they aren't locked into a one absolute mindset, so they may be marginalized...but it's not just because they're bi-racial. It happens to anyone whose worldview grows too wide for them to be easily understood by -- or to easily understand -- the worldview of closed minds.

Furthermore, the throne has never been pure. Tenno himself has admitted as much. Wake up, jackass!

RE: the article, this trade minister is using the "blue-eyed foreigner" warning the same way Bush & Co. use "terrorism" and "national security" to keep people in constant fear and therefore more amenable to keeping the status quo. It has nothing to do with purity – and definitely nothing to do with parents' "selfish ambitions" (once more, "F___ you, McAlpine!") – and everything to do with maintenance of power.
                      Last edited by aha yes; 2006-02-02, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by observer
                        You know what folks, I know what we need...

What we need is a brave, virile blue-eyed foreigner strong enough to penetrate the imperial defences of Her Highness and successfully corrupt the supreme Imperial Line.
                        Just got done emailing my mom and telling her about my newfound purpose in life.

Comment

Lets see, if I understand Japanese history correct, the imperial line is foreign anyhow as they are of Korean decent. So what is the big deal if they get a blue eyed foreigner in? Also couldn't a male emperor fall in love with a foreign woman? The soon to be emperor was supposed to be in love with Brooke Shields at one time. Some idiots in this country will do anything to keep women down on the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by mcalpine
                            Now, when it comes to matters of race mixing then I get sensitive. I love sex with Japanese women but that doesn't justify making a baby who'll probably grow up [B]even more mixed up then the mother.
                            Can I take this to mean then that you won't be reproducing your sorry-arsed worthless DNA in the future? Because you see, if you rule out making babies with deluded Japanese women McCrapline, I can't imagine the women of any other race or nation (and definitely not your own) letting you impregnate them.

Such a thought has cheered me up already

Comment

"Even if you want to blame the parents cuz 90% of society are racist pigs, bi-racial kids don't have to grow up confused about who or what they are, and I'd really like to see where this stinking turd of a tidbit about autism and aloofness comes from. Bi-racial kids have two cultures to pick and choose from – yeah they have to go through life dealing with misinformed yet loudmouth numbskulls like you who would have them believe there's something wrong with them – but in the end they'll probably just end up more independent-minded and flexible than a proudly monocultural ass like yourself.

If there's even one piece of this reeaaallly offensive and stupid diatribe of yours, it's this: People who develop to the highest levels of intercultural competence (an integrative ethnorelative view) tend to be marginalized by mainstream society – not necessarily bi-racials, mind you, but anyone who manages to reach that level. I suppose bi-culturals are more inclined to reach such a level, due to the fact that they aren't locked into a one absolute mindset, so they may be marginalized...but it's not just because they're bi-racial. It happens to anyone whose worldview grows too wide for them to be easily understood by -- or to easily understand -- the worldview of closed minds."

Aha Yes

Why weren't you around when I was growing up.

Comment

Working...
                              X