X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan minister urges royal debate

About 40 Japanese lawmakers joined a rally in Tokyo on Wednesday to protest against the government plans.

Former Trade Minister Takeo Hiranuma told supporters that the move could dilute the imperial line if Princess Aiko married and had children with "a blue-eyed foreigner".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4676308.stm

I don't know whether Takeo Hiranuma's comment was meant to be serious or funny. I couldn't help but chuckle.

Hey, is there any chance I could be the next Emperor? Well, after Crown Prince Nurihito anyway. That'd be a cool job! I'd wear kimonos for the rest of my life! I'd also be Japan's most nationalistic Emperor!

Comment

The likes of Taro Arsehole, and Mr Takeitupthechocker Hiranuma need to face reality to a certain extent.

Whilst it would be lovely if Japan had an unbroken string of emperors to last forever, and Japan's populace was not poluted by evil foreign blood, the reality is likely to be different in the first case, and is different in the second.

不細工Aiko may be the only hope they have.

Comment

Originally posted by J.T
        The likes of Taro Arsehole, and Mr Takeitupthechocker Hiranuma need to face reality to a certain extent.

Whilst it would be lovely if Japan had an unbroken string of emperors to last forever, and Japan's populace was not poluted by evil foreign blood, the reality is likely to be different in the first case, and is different in the second.

不細工Aiko may be the only hope they have.

Since the Japanese aren't exactly going out of their way to have babies and it doesn't look like immigration will be allowed to compensate for the drop in population, "haffu" babies are the only viable alternative. Let's all run out and do some "polluting" of the Japanese blood. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by agnosto
          Since the Japanese aren't exactly going out of their way to have babies and it doesn't look like immigration will be allowed to compensate for the drop in population, "haffu" babies are the only viable alternative. Let's all run out and do some "polluting" of the Japanese blood. :-)
          Agnosto,

it's going to be the efforts of international couples that will prevent Japan's population from really dropping.

One day, Japan's prime minister will have a name like Hiroshi Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by J.T
            Agnosto,

One day, Japan's prime minister will have a name like Hiroshi Smith.
            Unfortunately that will not be in my lifetime.

But, there is hope. The vocal ____disturbers in the LDP may all succumb to the current crop of scandals that are rocking the Diet. Who knows how many of the old guard may be implicated in the Huser and Livedoor scandals? I count at least 10 of the most vocal politicians from the LDP who showed up in photo ops with both of the central figures of these scandals. In 90 days time there could be 10 fewer crooks in the LDP.

Comment

Originally posted by edinjapan
              In 90 days time there could be 10 fewer crooks in the LDP.
              Dream on... corruption is the lifeblood of this country.

Comment

Originally posted by sankokujin
                Dream on... corruption is the lifeblood of this country.
                Stop Japan bashing Mr, 3rd. Turd. There is no corruption in this country. This is the land of the gods.

Comment

Making half babies are never an option ! The current administration is working on a plan where the Ministery of Health will pay for young JAPANESE couples to make babies ! Not half breeds ! There's already enough mixing and matching going on in this country and it's getting me nervous.

Comment

Flights of Fantasy

Yes, I think it's time we gaijin left a definite imprint on this society. Let's all go out and get a few of the local yaks wives and mistresses pregnant. Then we can all go and knock over some ATM machines and bribe some politicians...

Uh, Oh, excuse me, I seem to have overdosed on my medication. I'll be in touch with reality shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by mcalpine
                      Stop Japan bashing Mr, 3rd. Turd. There is no corruption in this country. This is the land of the gods.
                      I always enjoy your line of comedy, McAlpine. I hope you can keep in character with it.

Comment

if the moronic politician wasn't in such a position to affect society it would be laughable.

As if a girl will marry a foreign boy, but a boy won't marry a foreign girl

What a friggin MORON

Comment

Halt the presses. Kiko is pregnant.

I got 3 to 1 odds its a boy. Who's in?

Comment

Originally posted by mcalpine
                            Making half babies are never an option ! The current administration is working on a plan where the Ministery of Health will pay for young JAPANESE couples to make babies ! Not half breeds ! There's already enough mixing and matching going on in this country and it's getting me nervous.
                            Is this true? As someone actively working to increase number of dirty half breeds on this soil, that is somewhat of a bombshell. Is this for real? It's outrageous! Surely this cannot be legal. What about the resultant children? Are "half breed" kids aknowledged as Japanese? This is f***ed up!
                            Last edited by Ed Ob; 2006-02-08, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cutyourhair
                              Halt the presses. Kiko is pregnant.

I got 3 to 1 odds its a boy. Who's in?
                              I'm in.

At those odds, I'll take ichi man on it being another girl.

NK

Comment

Working...
                              X