X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotgun weddings

Looks like the number of shotgun weddings is rising.

Given current demographic trends, Japan could do with a few more できちゃった結婚.

http://www.gaijinpot.com/read_news.php?id=5914

twelve gauge babies

Im doing my part to reverse the declining birth rates.
    Maybe polygamy policy is in order?

Comment

We all have to do our bit. Still, we are going to have our kids here, as it's way cheaper to do so, and then we'll go back.

Comment

Word

Originally posted by J.T
        Looks like the number of shotgun weddings is rising.

Given current demographic trends, Japan could do with a few more できちゃった結婚.

http://www.gaijinpot.com/read_news.php?id=5914
        Hee Hee Hee. I figured something must have lit the candle of nuptial motivation.

Good work, young man.

Comment

Originally posted by J.T
          We all have to do our bit. Still, we are going to have our kids here, as it's way cheaper to do so, and then we'll go back.
          I am not so I agree that it is cheaper to have kids here!

The Japanese government/media is trying trying to put a kind of maternal guilt trip on the current child baring population to somehow try and convince them that they should start popping pups to stem the sliding population figures.

It gets up my nose when you see government officals complain about the declining birth rates in their typical condescending manner especially when the governments contribution to families is so piece meal.

The federal and municipal governments do subsidize a portion of the medicals costs. However the hospitals both public and private stack the birth costs in order to insure that there is very little change out of that money.
          I can remember being presented a bill for \30,000 for napies. Well the government being blamed for blatant profiteering on part of the hospitals but legislating for controls against it might help.

Currently The Australian government offers baby bonuses, bonking bonuses, family benefit,rent asistance, child care subsidies, generous family tax offsets and my personal favorite a 2 grand starter straight after the birth which is also paid for the by goverment. Not that I complained, far from it. It seems strange that Australia with such a puny tax base can stimulate population growth and Japan such a large tax base cant throw out a little more coin to ensure they have a tax base in the future.

If this is the extent of Japans monetary investment in the future then shotgun weddings are probably an integral part of the government plan. ha ha ha.

Comment

Raceace,

sorry mate, I sometimes assume that everyone knows I live in Australia. Newbies like yourself may not necessarily know however. My bad.

J.T

Comment

Originally posted by kurogane
              Hee Hee Hee. I figured something must have lit the candle of nuptial motivation.

Good work, young man.
              Sorry mate, no impregnation has taken place, yet.

Comment

Oh well...............

Originally posted by J.T
                Sorry mate, no impregnation has taken place, yet.
                Practice makes perfect, my friend.

Comment

Practice makes perfect, my friend.

Wiser words cannot be spoken. I'm going to practice my 中出し in about two hours or so.

Comment

きもいいいいいいいいいいいい

Originally posted by J.T
                    Wiser words cannot be spoken. I'm going to practice my 中出し in about two hours or so.
                    情報を提供しすぎ!!!!!!!!!!
                    :p

Comment

情報を提供しすぎ!!!!!!!!!!
                      :p
                      すまへんだった。ただ、Kurogane王様はよく助平な話し するんだよ。

王様は王様けど。オイラはただのサラリーマン。

Comment

Nah J.T no worries mate.
                        Your location 豪州 gave me an idea you might
                        be either an Australian here or Australian
                        living there.Where abouts?

I,ve had enough of baby thing now, The dreams and aspirations have been replaced with reams of baby
                        defecations.

Comment

Originally posted by Raceace
                          Nah J.T no worries mate.
                          Your location 豪州 gave me an idea you might
                          be either an Australian here or Australian
                          living there.Where abouts?

I,ve had enough of baby thing now, The dreams and aspirations have been replaced with reams of baby
                          defecations.
                          I'm in Sydney at the moment. Will be heading back to Japan in 2008, but we want to get the kiddies out of the way before we head back.

Comment

Matters ____ where you are. If two parents are not in sync then it's all ____ed. You can stick Japan and their ____hole, ____ed up way of doing things down the ____ter where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by life'sspark
                              Matters ____ where you are. If two parents are not in sync then it's all ____ed. You can stick Japan and their ____hole, ____ed up way of doing things down the ____ter where it belongs.
                              Well it was`nt exactly Chaucer but I think you summed it up.
                              Yeah if you cant put aside those little idiosyncracies
                              when the manure hits the rotary air cooling device, when you dont stand a chance in any relationship in any country.

Although intercultral/racial marriages are tough they are rewarding on so many levels

Intercultral relationships are the best weapon against intolerance and ignorance.

Comment

Working...
                              X