X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Jenkins

Been watching the news about this situation in North Korea, now please someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Charles Jenkins married to a Japanese woman in NK, has two kids, now my question is Japan interested in getting him and their kids back to Japan without a diplomatic incident between Japan and the USA or is Japan only thinking of the kids?? I wonder which one...

Think about the kids KIDNAPPED from the USA by Japanese spouses returning to Japan and the fathers never seeing their kids again...

Re: Charles Jenkins

Well if you have been keeping up with the news , you know what the American stance is. The Japanese seem to want them all to come, but the American say he will face charges of desertion if he goes back to America. Of course, it might seem silly to us, because this happened a long time ago. But that is the stance that Georgie and his boys have taken. Now, I do not understand how the American could arrest him here. I guess they might ask to have him extradited. But it seems, Charles does not want to come here. So there might be more to this than meets the eye, like for instance, he might have given American secret documents to the North Koreans, we do not know. The best thing he could do is to go back to America and face the music, he might get some jail time or he might get leniency.
    He might have been kidnappened back in 1965 or he made a decision and went there. Either way he should try to explain himself and come to terms with it, for his family`s sake.

Comment

Well if you have been keeping up with the news , you know what the American stance is. The Japanese seem to want them all to come, but the American say he will face charges of desertion if he goes back to America. Of course, it might seem silly to us, because this happened a long time ago. But that is the stance that Georgie and his boys have taken. Now, I do not understand how the American could arrest him here. I guess they might ask to have him extradited. But it seems, Charles does not want to come here. So there might be more to this than meets the eye, like for instance, he might have given American secret documents to the North Koreans, we do not know. The best thing he could do is to go back to America and face the music, he might get some jail time or he might get leniency.
      He might have been kidnappened back in 1965 or he made a decision and went there. Either way he should try to explain himself and come to terms with it, for his family`s sake.

Comment

There's a full page article in today's JT on Jenkins that gives a good account and seems to be well balanced. The article also relates that Rummy said "no way" to a possible pardon or even a consideration of a pardon. However I agree with Blues that for the sake of his family and children, he should make efforts and come forth and explain his side of the story in order to come to terms with it and resolve it for his family.
        R.

Comment

i heard that if he waits one more year, he'll be 65 and won't have to worry about extradition (statute of limitations?) and can then live in Japan or anywhere for that matter.

Comment

What`s amazing is that the Japanese government is letting the Americans decide for them. Of course, this is a typical Japanese thing. If I was Koizumi, I would tell "Rummy" and Georgie to kiss my butt.

Comment

Working...
            X