X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higashi Shinagawa

Does anyone know where I can get before and after pictures of Higashi Shinagawa?

Re: Higashi Shinagawa

Actually Roppongi Hills, and other large scale before and after photos too. Anyone?

Comment

Newspaper archives, tourist board, museums, libraries, the ward/ government offices, photography clubs......

Comment

TH, as always you're right about the source. I guess I should've been more percise in what I was asking. I wanted to know if anyone knows some exact web sites I can copy and paste them from.

Comment

In addition to TH's sound suggestions (and don't forget to search goggle images), you may want to contact the architects and construction companies involved. Roppongi Hills was put up by Kajima Corporation, and they even have a tiny aerial shot of the land, before construction began, on their site:

http://www.kajima.co.jp/news/digest/...hu/tokushu.htm

Comment

Hey Dude:
            I have been thinking about your query but TH beat me to an answer. I cannot give you any specific info but I do believe that the respective ward offices have archives or can steer you to an archive. Also wards have local museums of the history of the ward. So for example behind our office where I work, there is a small Shinjuku-ku historical museum with photos of the ward when it was and how it is now. So if you ask for that sort of thing at the ward offices, they might be able to steer you to a specific place. And I know that in Ota-ku where I live, there is a local museum as well - never been in it but it does exist.

Anyway hope you are OK. I sent you an email last week. Did you get it?
            R.

Comment

And one more thing.........it always happens, after you push the "post" button, you think of something else. I HAVE seen photos of the "old port of Shinagawa" and how it used to be going back to the early 20th century and going forward so they do exist. And a large portion of what we know it to be today has been built up on "reclaimed land" - just like Odaiba etc.
              Anyway cheers!
              R.

Comment

By Higashi Shinagawa, do you mean the east Shinagawa station area, or the Shinagawa seaport area (around Tennozu Isle?) I know the station underwent a huge renovation recently, as well as some new huge office parks east of the station. I couldn't believe it myself, when I saw it... I thought Japan was in a recession, heh.

Comment

These construction jobs were planned ordered 8-10+ years ago, such as Shinagawa Intercity, Shinbashi Shiodome, Roppongi Hills, etc.. The cost of NOT doing them would be higher than actually doing them, as so many people were dependent on them, both potential tennants and workers. Many of the JR construction sites were planned to relieve the old debt of JNR, a burden which is still carried by JR.

Comment

Yes, you are right, TH, but for several years I always appreciated that big open field with only wild plants and flowers, and birds, whenever I had to go to Shinbashi. Too bad it couldn't have been turned into a park instead of Shidome...
                    Cheers

Comment

Dude,
                      What do you want them for? This is for one of your kinky swinger gigs, isn't it?
                      'Fess Up Boyo

Comment

So does anyone know any web sites I can get before and after pictures of Higashi-shinagawa, & Tennozu and Marunouchi?

rich,

I'm tired bro! work is taking it's toll on me, and I need some sleep!

kurogane,

Search the web and find me some info then you can rip on me!!!

Post Edited (07-01-04 20:19)

Comment

C'mon, someone please help out!!!

Comment

Can't you guys help THE DUDE?!!!!!

Comment

You're out of your element

Comment

Working...