Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Koizumi a Samurai? or a Dweeb

What will Koizumi do?

NK is making a fool of Japan, While the only thing Koizumi seems to be making progress in is to try to justify his visits to Yasukuni Shrine to worship war crimminals.

What would you do?

I would refuse to play the upcoming soccer match against NK
    I would give a deadline for an explanation for misrepresenting the remains of Yokota Megumi
    I would threaten and back up a blocade of NK ports

What do you think... and what would you do?

koizumiha kakkoiyo

I don't know about you, Westsan, but I would vote for Koizomi in any country in the world. He looks like a Japanese Richard Gere. Much better looking than Mori, so I'm glad they did the "Baton tacchi."
    Gotta love a geezer with a full head of thick hair and boyish features. He may be able to make demands to NK based on his charm, but he's got nothing to back it up with. Just have Koizumi put up some more spy satellites to keep an eye on NK and try to play nice with them.

Comment

The Politics of Homo-eroticism

Ummm, eighty year old women support politicians for a "full head of hair". You, on the other hand, which head, and what kind of hair are you thinking of?

Wsan,
      I still don't think the Yasukuni visits deserve the attention they get. Nonethelss, a proper state level apology is overdue. Other than that, he is a spineless puppet, twisting in the wind of whomever he has to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Morning Star
        He looks like a Japanese Richard Gere.
        Has anyone seen them in the same room at the same time, eh, eh?

Boycote the footie, demand an 'ashes' explanation, block the ports...AND most importantly stop the production/eating of the most evil smelling food ever outta Korea, namely 'kimchee'.
        Am I alone in thinking this?

Comment

i wonder if koizumi like gerbils too...... hmmmmm

Comment

You can say what you like about Koizumi, but he has pulled off a miracle in my mind, by surviving so long. He must be the longest serving Japanese Prime Minister ever -- he has been in power for at least 3 years (as far as I can remember). I used to think that in Japan they used to change the Prime Minister every year, to let all the LPD factions have their moment of glory. But Koizumi has broken the mold of that pattern. You have to respect him for that.

But despite that, he is a lame dog leader. I don't think he has many options regarding North Korea. It is all in George Bush's hands. And America is so preoccupied trying to bring Iraq under control, it hasn't had the time to think about how it will deal with the problem of North Korea (like Iraq, part of the Axis of Evil). I think for the next couple of years, the status quo is going to prevail. The challenge for Koizumi, is whether he can stay in power that long, before the US is seriously commited to regime change in North Korea.

Comment

[QUOTE=Code Rot]You can say what you like about Koizumi, but he has pulled off a miracle in my mind, by surviving so long. He must be the longest serving Japanese Prime Minister ever -- he has been in power for at least 3 years (as far as I can remember). I used to think that in Japan they used to change the Prime Minister every year, to let all the LPD factions have their moment of glory. But Koizumi has broken the mold of that pattern. You have to respect him for that.

But despite that, he is a lame duck leader. I don't think he has many options regarding North Korea. Like many of the world's problems, this one is all in George Bush's hands. No other person has the power to solve this problem -- it is all up to Bush. The trouble is, America is so preoccupied trying to bring Iraq under control, it hasn't had the time to think about how it will deal with the problem of North Korea (like Iraq, part of the Axis of Evil). I think for the next couple of years, the status quo is going to prevail. The challenge for Koizumi, is whether he can stay in power that long, before the US becomes seriously commited to regime change in North Korea.

Comment

Onto more important things now...whadayareckon then...does he use gel, moose, wax or just a good ole hair drying session to get his locks into those wild waves...and more importantly when will somebody tell him he looks a tw@t?

Comment

Koizumi is doing a fine job

It's the fact that Koizumi is doing something, whatever it may be is what's amazing. He is challenging the old bureaucracy, honoring the war dead like myself (McTojo), privatizing the postal services.etc.,
                  disregarding his asian neighbours and playing second fiddle to G.W. for the sake of a double-hedge approach to international relations. It's good ! The next PM to replace Koizumi in 2006 will be a very conservative PM , I promise you ! I already got the scoop from an insider. The ball is in play. What we do is shake-up the old Zaibatsus; get them to work together instead of dragging ass on every single things. Continue to shuffle and re-shuffle cabinet members until we get the types of people we need. Continue to fire wayward teachers who continue to stray from singing the Kimigayu. We need to revise article 9 and 14 ! Japan needs to get a seat on the U.N. security counsel which China will try to veto but thanks to good old uncle G.W. that will not be an issue. We need to continue doing business with Lebanon and Syria as well to off set oil costs inregards to imports and exports. Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Rot
                    You can say what you like about Koizumi, but he has pulled off a miracle in my mind, by surviving so long. He must be the longest serving Japanese Prime Minister ever -- he has been in power for at least 3 years (as far as I can remember).
                    Actually, Japan's longest-serving prime minister was Meiji period statesman Ito Hirobumi, who served four terms between 1885 and 1901 for a total of twelve years. Japan's longest serving postwar leader was Eisaku Sato, who was in power from 1964 to 1972, and following his resignation won a Nobel Peace Prize for his role in Nuclear Non-Proliferation movement. This was before Japanese politics became Italianized as they did in the 1990s.

Japan HAS had some pretty convincing leaders, namely Sato, Shigeru Yoshida (1948-1954 - the first post-occupation PM), and Hayato Ikeda (1960-1964) who presided over Japan's peak years of economic growth, as well as some real turkeys such as Nobosuke Kishi (1957-1960 - a rehabilitated Class A War Criminal who distinguished himself by violently suppressing demonstrators against the renewal of the US-Japan Security Treaty in 1960), Sosuke Uno (1989 - who lost his job over an affair with a geisha) and Tsutomu Hata (1994 - who once publicly stated that the Japanese could not eat American beef because they possessed a shorter intestinal tract). And then of course there was the legendary Kakuei Tanaka (1972-1974), either Japan's best or worst postwar PM, depending on your point of view.

Comment

Working...
                    X