Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

Threat to Okinawa by the foolish and shameful Japanese Govt.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threat to Okinawa by the foolish and shameful Japanese Govt.

http://www.change.org/petitions/say-...ris-in-okinawa

Please sign the petition above to hinder the insanity of the arrogant and delusional J. Govt.

Most of the deaths, most of the destruction & the Nuclear meltdown was avoidable

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_845818.html

The blind trust, and innocent faith placed in the J. Govt. and Big business in Japan has to end.

Avoidable mistakes led to too many deaths, too much suffering, and now a toxic zone of radiation.

To even contemplate spreading their shame and failure is a crime in itself.

Nuclear energy was an evil that should have been safer, should have been better planned, and should not still be potentially crippling to such an earthquake prone country.

In such a traditional society, why were the past generations ignored?

In a country that has already seen the horrors of nuclear destruction, why was Nuclear power so widely used?

And why does Okinawa keep on being treated like a 3rd class citizen by the left over Imperial powers of yesteryear?

Clean up your own mess Yamato, and do not entertain the disgraceful idea of sharing the burden with a people that have been mistreated for far too long.

What a shameful government. Stagnant old men whose path narrowly leads to a late night snack. Need I say more?

Comment

Tearjerkers of the world, UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have nothing to lose but your stains!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rad View Post
        http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_845818.html

The blind trust, and innocent faith placed in the J. Govt. and Big business in Japan has to end.

Avoidable mistakes led to too many deaths, too much suffering, and now a toxic zone of radiation.

To even contemplate spreading their shame and failure is a crime in itself.

Nuclear energy was an evil that should have been safer, should have been better planned, and should not still be potentially crippling to such an earthquake prone country.

In such a traditional society, why were the past generations ignored?

In a country that has already seen the horrors of nuclear destruction, why was Nuclear power so widely used?

And why does Okinawa keep on being treated like a 3rd class citizen by the left over Imperial powers of yesteryear?

Clean up your own mess Yamato, and do not entertain the disgraceful idea of sharing the burden with a people that have been mistreated for far too long.

What a shameful government. Stagnant old men whose path narrowly leads to a late night snack. Need I say more?
        Seems that you are blaming an Organization that deserves no blame in your post. The deaths you mentioned were caused bu a Tsunami (a natural disater) which the Japanese government can not be blamed for as well as the nuclear meltdown, which again the Japanese government could not have prevented. I signed the petition having lived in Okinawa for a number of years but please get your facts straight and put blame were it belongs and that is with the people themselves who built homes in the areas that were swamped by the Tsunami, they should have know better. Like the people who build homes on mountain sides, when there is a well known history of mudslides, that is simply dumb!

The Japanese government needs to come up with a better plan to get rid of the nuclear debris, and the governor of Okinawa or any prefecture, should get thrown out of office if he/they agree to accept it.

Comment

Kurogane, You are still here!

I've missed you.

Comment

Back_door man, Not sure how you read my post, but I did not blame the J. Govt. for the Tsunami, it is in part responsible for the deaths of the people and destruction caused by the Nuclear Meltdown, better town planning and energy policies might not go astray.

I mentioned that blind trust and innocent faith in the Govt. has to end.

And taking notice of where to build, from ancestors, could have saved most, as the villages that took notice survived. Why does the population need to be so great in a small country anyway, something the Govt. could've managed better I suppose, a challenge in Asia, yes. Govt's also are involved in town planning, safety reports, sustainability reports etc. etc. and they love doing these studies and reports. The Govt. safety standards and TEPCO's were exceeded by an 'unimaginable' Tsunami and earthquake, seems that they all need to learn how to 'imagine' a bit better.

The J. Govt. is responsible for the promotion of, and widespread adoption and use of Nuclear power, no doubt. It is them that are frantically trying to keep many 'unsafe' reactors offline now, and reassess the whole country's nuclear strategy, thanks to the former Prime Minister, not the greedy old men that line their pockets with TEPCO money.

Comment

Back_door man, Not sure how you read my post, but I did not blame the J. Govt. for the Tsunami, it is in part responsible for the deaths of the people and destruction caused by the Nuclear Meltdown, better town planning and energy policies might not go astray.
              At max, one person died as a result of the meltdown. A total of five people died at the reactor: 3 from the earthquake/tsunami, 1 heart attack, and one undisclosed reason (but not relation to radiation).

Comment

Ahhhh, our old friend NIMBY raises his head. I fully agree that the prefectures should refuse to accept any of this debris but, that still leaves us with a problem of where to store it and reduce it to a harmless state. I would suggest that the JGov't builds such a place on that disputed island in the Japan Sea and also another in the disputed area in the Spratleys. Doing so would stake their claims to the areas in question and cause the Koreans and the Chinese to back off or be saddled with radioactive mess.

Comment

Still it's better for the region if the government builds facilities to handle the waste on site and employs the local people. This was the method used to handle the Kobe Earthquake debris–if it was good enough back then, then it should be a viable option now.

Comment

Considering another Tsunami will come along within the next 100 or so years, no-one should be living in that area again.

Simple, bury it all in that area. The half life of that radioactive debris is about 52 years, to be half as radioactive as it is now.

Another 52 years to be half as radioactive again, and so on.

Considering another impending disastrous earthquake and tsunami, shipping and moving all of that debris to make the area what? Safe? Is the worst joke of the century.

Will they again repeat their mistakes?

And Nuclear energy being safe is another ridiculous joke.

Maybe cutting down the lighting in Japan, the millions of drink machines, overly chilled supermarkets, convenience stores, department stores etc. could reduce Nuclear dependence for a start.

The brightest country on earth may need to cut back and learn to be more ENERGY EFFICIENT. That would be a smart start.

Comment

http://vimeo.com/38373787

A few dead from the Nuclear power plant?

You should read more.

There were several cases of kids getting sick from infant formula made in Saitama after the accident, for example. Seems that the baby formula company were drying things out in the open air.

Lots of kids getting blood noses in Chiba, and lots of contaminated beef sold around Japan, even in school lunches! A Govt. I do not trust. Even rice and other products which were contaminated were found to be sold around Japan, insane, no?

Lots of other things you won't hear about either, but watch the cancer rates skyrocket over the next 20--30yrs or more. The invisible death has spread far and wide.

Comment

http://enenews.com/forum-about-japan...oactive-debris

The last part is really important to watch.

Comment

http://vimeo.com/38373787

A few dead from the Nuclear power plant?

You should read more.

There were several cases of kids getting sick from infant formula made in Saitama after the accident, for example. Seems that the baby formula company were drying things out in the open air.

Lots of kids getting blood noses in Chiba, and lots of contaminated beef sold around Japan, even in school lunches! A Govt. I do not trust. Even rice and other products which were contaminated were found to be sold around Japan, insane, no?

Lots of other things you won't hear about either, but watch the cancer rates skyrocket over the next 20--30yrs or more. The invisible death has spread far and wide.
                          Gundersen’s company, Fairewinds Associates, is a for-profit company that hires him out to provide expert testimony and write research papers for anti-nuclear groups. He has a lot to gain then by making sure his appearances in the media make nuclear power sound dangerous.

Comment

Wow! Great!

http://www.change.org/petitions/say-...ris-in-okinawa

Please sign the petition above to hinder the insanity of the arrogant and delusional J. Govt.
                            I am convinced that a petition, especially one in the english language, will persuade the japanese Government... bru,ha, ha....

Comment

Originally posted by edin日本 View Post
                              Still it's better for the region if the government builds facilities to handle the waste on site and employs the local people. This was the method used to handle the Kobe Earthquake debris–if it was good enough back then, then it should be a viable option now.
                              Why am I not really surprised that the obvious thing does not occur to the japanese government?
                              By now everyone has probably seen the maps with true radiation figures, areas to the north-west and to the south of Fukushima. Not only should the people still living there be immediately removed, but as this area will remain uninhabitable for the next several thousand years, it is clearly the obviously best place to store that garbage.
                              But any japanese government will be too busy to think about this as they have the problem, to sell the radiated produce and fish from Tohoku to the pliable japanese public... Well, what to say... Any people that buys ____e like that does not really deserve any different.

Comment

Working...
                              X