Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• japanese attitudes towards north korea?

ive been to both korea's as well as japan but other than reading about j. attitudes towards north korea i havent spoken to any japanese about it.

from what i read j. think that NK is crazy and hostile and aren't in a rush to normalize relations.

Originally posted by ohahakehte
    ive been to both korea's as well as japan but other than reading about j. attitudes towards north korea i havent spoken to any japanese about it.

from what i read j. think that NK is crazy and hostile and aren't in a rush to normalize relations.
    The whole kidnapping of Japanese, and sending other people's remains back to Japan kinda puts a damper on relations.

And shooting missle rockets over Japan isn't good either.

And developing nuclear weapons, Japanese seem to be pretty sensitive about nuclear weapons.

And Kim Jong Il is a freaking lunatic. How did you go to North Korea?

Comment

its not just japanese people that have a problem with dictatorships responsible for millions of people living in houses without electricity and running water. And im not surprised theyre "not in a rush to normalize relationsions" with a country that tests chemical weapons on people and anyway, its hard to have any kind of relations with a country that wont co operate with the rest of the world let alone Japan. Im not Japanese and i think NK is a hostile and "crazy" place only because of the evil men that control it at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Frungy
        How did you go to North Korea?
        i got in a plane in beijing and then it landed in pyongyang. modern technology is great. have a great weekend!

Comment

It's fair to say North Korea is not the flavour of the month in the Japanese archipelago, and that this has been the case for some decades.

From 'Stating the Obvious', a book by Hiroshi Tanaka.

Comment

It is not that difficult to visit North Korea. Here are some travel pictures - http://www.tema.ru/travel/choson-1/

Comment

Interesting photos and reading there Vasionok. I'm going to read through it a bit more when I have more time.

Comment

Japan through away a great chance when they caught Kims son at Narita a few years back with a false passport.

They locked him up in the Ushiku detention center for a few days before deporting him through China.

They should have kept him locked up and made demands to North Korea in exchange for him.

Comment

One day NK will be flushed down history's toilet like all tyrannies. One can only hope they don't take too many people with them on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacque_S
                    One day NK will be flushed down history's toilet like all tyrannies. One can only hope they don't take too many people with them on the way out.
                    So here is!!!
                    The man who started the great Kuro war of the last few days with his initial comment about Russia, which prompted Bacn's reply about Canada, which prompted Kuro's comment about......
                    Where were you when the fur was flying???

Comment

Damn, this boy's gooood

Originally posted by scipio
                      So here is!!!
                      The man who started the great Kuro war of the last few days with his initial comment about Russia, which prompted Bacn's reply about Canada, which prompted Kuro's comment about......
                      I think Scipio gets the On Top of Things Award.

As for the flame war, that weren't Jackie's fault.

It's Baca's chauvinist nationalist touchy slav thing combined with her Japanese women hating thing fault.

Is it because so many of them are so slavishly nationalist chauvinist that we call them Slavs?

And, here we goo again..............................

Comment

Originally posted by scipio
                        So here is!!!
                        Now I thot we been thru this before, scip. Nothing sends me to sleep faster than a oh-yeah-well-your-country-is-so-and-so slugfest. More boring than watching a Carp vs Kintetsu extra-inning scoreless tie. About as enlightening and edifying as a Michael Moore 'movie.' The comment which set Vasi off was 'Russia is an impotent pauper' which is debatable of course but I think can be supported by current political, economic and geopolitical realities. As usual, she overreacted, precipitating KG's place-putting, which was harsh but I think justified under the circumstances. Sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade.

PS - I remember very well the son of the Dear Leader being frogmarched in front of the cameras when he was being deported. The Fat Little Feck(TM) was accompanied by a kid, an ugly sow who was obviously his wife, and slender young hottie who was obviously his travelling yorokobi-gumi. Supposedly the Foreign Ministry had hoped to punt him on the QT, but when word leaked out immigration or some other agency got pi&&ed & set up the camera gauntlet in retaliation. I wonder if Clownpuncher offered to give Jong Nam the Turkish prison treatment, considering his proximity to Ushiku?

Comment

People say that the regime is crumbling but as long as the Dear Leader keeps those close to him in fine foods, money and warm clothes for the winter, there is no reason for one of his generals to put a bullet through his head.

That's the crux of the matter. He won't move on reunification beacuse he stands to lose everything. It's a crime against 'his' people of course, but when has that ever stopped a dictator doing the dirty.

In regards to Japanese people's opinions of N.K. well of course most hate the regime simply due to the abduction issue. They should take their anger out on their spineless govts. who did virtually nothing for the families for years and years. If you put it to them that the reason that NK even exists is because of their nations historic meddling in the affairs of the Korean peninsula, they might just change their tune a little.
                          Last edited by Richard7481; 2006-06-29, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard7481
                            People say that the regime is crumbling but as long as the Dear Leader keeps those close to him in fine foods, money and warm clothes for the winter, there is no reason for one of his generals to put a bullet through his head.
                            i dont think its as simple as that. i dont think fear is the only thing keeping kim's elite from taking him out. a lot of them are "old guard communists" and really believe in the ridiculous cult of kim il-sung and see it as an honour to serve in the government. and its possible that kim jong-il could be relatively moderate in his influence. if he was removed someone an even nuttier hard-line militarist could replace him.

Originally posted by Richard7481
                            That's the crux of the matter. He won't move on reunification beacuse he stands to lose everything. It's a crime against 'his' people of course, but when has that ever stopped a dictator doing the dirty.
                            he has no more motivation to "move" on reunification than any south korean leader. the south stands to lose an awful lot if reunification is done too quickly. the only possible winners in reunification would be the hordes of hungry NK peasants who already have nothing to lose. SK as it is now doesnt have the cash or the resources to support millions of hungry, under-skilled north koreans. SK leaders know this and thats why theyre luke-warm on reunification

Comment

True. SK could never afford it and would ask Japan and the US to bail them out.

Comment

Working...
                              X