Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electricity rates going up

Bad news from Sept 1 we will be paying more for electricity

http://www.japantoday.com/category/n..._2012-07-20_AM

TOKYO ―Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) on Thursday won government approval to hike household electricity bills by 8.47% from Sept 1.
    In May, TEPCO had requested government permission to ramp up residential customer bills by 10.28% to help pay ballooning costs in the aftermath of the Fukushima nuclear disaster, but was told to rein in its rise.
    The decision was made by Chief Cabinet Secretary Osamu Fujimura, Trade and Industry Minister Yukio Edano and Consumer Affairs Minister Jin Matsubara.
    The 8.47% hike means that average households will pay about 360 yen more per month.
    However, TEPCO officials said that the shortfall between the requested 10.28% rate hike and the 8.47% would result in a serious burden on the firm. Revenue is now expected to shrink by some 80 billion yen per year, in addition to a 40 billion yen loss because of the delay in implementing the rate increase.
    TEPCO also said it will implement further cost-cutting measures, including a 30% reduction in annual salary for managers which will save the utility an estimated 9 billion yen per year. It will also make the bidding procedures for equipment procurement more competitive.
    The government has already earmarked 1 trillion yen in public funds to shore up TEPCO’s financial base.

I don't mind paying for a higher rate as long as all people working at TEPCO get a massive salary cut. If they don't like working for Tepco because of the pay cut, then, let them hit the street for job hunting. Good luck to them, as I am sure they need a massive amount of good luck to find a good job with their skill sets.

Comment

I shouldn't have to pay, twice no less, to clean up the mess they made.

first, they are going to use tax payer's money. then they're going to raise rates. a$$holes!
      Last edited by Pinkerton; 2012-07-21, 03:27 PM.

Comment

nothing short of hanging them will stop the culture of mismanagement

Comment

hanging's too good for them

Comment

Originally posted by edin日本 View Post
            In Japan, public shame of no income would be a death sentence for people working at those "traditional" J organizations. The formula I propose is: Rate hike = A Massive Salary Slushing of All Employees at TEPCO Across The Board. The ratio should be: 1 % hike = 10% salary reduction;, 2 % hike = 20 % reduction in their salary.Without any hope of pay raise for the next 15 years.

If this formula is implemented, I demand a 5% hike for a 50% cut on their salaries/wages (for wage earners, no over time pay over 10 hours per month). My sadistic self wants 10% hike for no pay for Tepco folks; but, that won't work in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Guru View Post
              In Japan, public shame of no income would be a death sentence for people working at those "traditional" J organizations. The formula I propose is: Rate hike = A Massive Salary Slushing of All Employees at TEPCO Across The Board. The ratio should be: 1 % hike = 10% salary reduction;, 2 % hike = 20 % reduction in their salary.Without any hope of pay raise for the next 15 years.

If this formula is implemented, I demand a 5% hike for a 50% cut on their salaries/wages (for wage earners, no over time pay over 10 hours per month). My sadistic self wants 10% hike for no pay for Tepco folks; but, that won't work in reality.
              yeah, i like that type of plan. i would be happier to accept a rate hike, higher consumption tax if i see that cuts are being made in other places.

Comment

Originally posted by Guru View Post

Ha! Ha! Keep on dreaming, never happen Joe! But good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by edin日本 View Post
                  well.... on the comodity markets, you can get estimates on chicken futures.
                  you can look around at get the price of baskets, the going rates for eggs.

.... and now we see the cost of putting all one's eggs into one basket.

Comment

Working...
                  X