Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't buy me love?

Let's show them that we love them!
    Last week I was in the Prada boutique in Aoyama (I wish I'd been shrooming because the space-age interior is very funky) and bought my squeeze a 150,000 yen bag. It wasn't a birthday or an anniversary it was just to show her that I love her and that I'm rich enough to replace her if my demands for unorthodox sex go unheeded. To be honest, I'd never before bought a present of much value for anyone (not even my ex-wife), but I have to say that it's been a great investment. The sex has been maniacal but more than that she now describes our relationship to all her friends as "rabu rabu". Thank you, Prada.

I'm convinced that any relationship can be improved, saved, or started by purchasing something expensive. Think back to all of your failed relationships. If you'd have just bought and continued buying him/her expensive bags and apartments you would no doubt still be together. That's irrefutable. So I would implore all of the sexless and heartbroken gaijinpotters to get out there and buy some love & happiness. The only other way to experience love is to beg for it, and far too many beggars have already washed up on these shores.

I might just get her some boots or some classy lingerie (the good stuff is really pricey) this weekend. I can't wait to see the look on her face when I tell her. Priceless. It's gonna be a love-filled weekend! I love being in love!

What are you gonna buy your special someone? Who can beat 15 large?

I hate you and your maniacal sex.

Comment

Steady on there, sinster...don't go spoiling her too often, or she'll be expecting it more, and often...kinda in-line with you expecting it and often...and unorthodox!

Comment

Originally posted by sincity
        ...I'm rich enough to replace her if my demands for unorthodox sex go unheeded ... Thank you, Prada.

I'm convinced that any relationship can be improved, saved, or started by purchasing something expensive. Think back to all of your failed relationships. If you'd have just bought and continued buying him/her expensive bags and apartments you would no doubt still be together. That's irrefutable.
        I have to admit I laughed at that one. I think it's my duty to point out the problem with that lifestyle, though - as soon as another guy with a bigger, thicker (how Freudian can you get?) wallet comes along, your days are numbered.

上には上がアるってわけだ。

Comment

What are you gonna buy your special someone? Who can beat 15 large?
          Well I bought my ex some Y10,000 pure wool Ugh Boots over with me because I liked the Xmas present she made me, but she still persisted with her "I can't leave Japan" craziness & hence is now my ex. I think if you're paying for sex you're better off specifying in advance exactly what you're paying for. E.g. A$45 for a short time special in an unlicensed brothel in Redfern - 3 minutes massage, 2 minutes fellatio, 1 minute for lubrication, leaving a full 9 minutes for sex. Pure romance.

Comment

i suppose you have your reasons for doing things the way you do........but doesnt it sound pathetic!!! Not just on your part but your g/f as well. AND Love cant be bought with money!! Atleast real love cannot be! So what you actually have is a realationship with nothing but just pure affection for lust and money! Which is actually very pathetic! You didnt buy your girls love butu you just bought her...........money can buy people but not love!

Comment

Shelyn,

Beautiful thoughts, but keep in mind that the guy's name is *sin*city. I wouldn't hold your breath on his conforming to your romantic ideals. After nearly three decades in prisons and insane asylums, the Marquis de Sade never changed his ways...

Whether its "real love" or not, sincity seems rather enviably satisfied.

BTW, may I see your references for the statement that he has bought the woman but not her love? As you will surely have noticed, posters on this site are quite strict about backing up their claims with documented empirical evidence.

Comment

Where are you Sincity? Probably doing the 7 days a week triple shift at NOVA I guess! Good thing your girlfriend isn`t a materialistic airhead eh? Enjoy the discussion on Japanese foriegn policy with her on your next date at Starbucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelyn
                  i suppose you have your reasons for doing things the way you do........but doesnt it sound pathetic!!! Not just on your part but your g/f as well. AND Love cant be bought with money!! Atleast real love cannot be! So what you actually have is a realationship with nothing but just pure affection for lust and money! Which is actually very pathetic! You didnt buy your girls love butu you just bought her...........money can buy people but not love!
                  Shelyn,
                  Yes I've heard this type of argument before in Beatles' songs and whatnot and perhaps there was a time when I even believed it but as an adult and one of the elites of this world I've come to realize that it is a poor man's argument.

Let me try to put in terms you'll understand. Let's say, for example, that my girlfriend and I want to go out for dinner, but we only have 800 yen between us. It's greasy fast food for us and we have to mentally calculate the tax to make sure we've got enough coin to cover it. But we love each other so we drink from the same straw and it tastes good. Who needs money, right? But imagine, if you will, that on the way to the fast food restaurant my GF find magically finds a 10,000 yen note at the side of the road. Now we're slurping back raw oysters, nibbling on delectable cheeses and washing it all down with a Merlot. Just look into her eyes to understand pure bliss. Simply stated, money increases pleasure. More money, more pleasure. With the two of us in a constant state of pleasure, how could we not love each other (although love seems almost superfluous in heaven)?

Unfortunately, money cannot buy everything. If it could, I'd buy you a sense of humor. I'd buy one for the jerk-off king, too. Why exactly would I want to discuss Japanese foreign policy on a date (or at any time, for that matter) ? And wanting the finer things in life doesn't make a person stupid or shallow (another poor man's argument).

Comment

I think money is important in sustaining a relationship (love). It may start as a sexual attraction, but once that wanes, then money can provide an extra happiness. I can't stand when people insist that money can't buy hapiness, I'd sure as hell be a lot happier if I had more money.

When my boyfriend buys me an expensive gift he usually gets lucky that night and I'm sure it's true in most relationships. You see it on the movies too.
                    Last edited by snoop a loop; 2005-01-31, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Fortunately I'm young enough, and my women are 'foolish' enough, that I don't need to be buying love. And that's good, because then the little gifts are what counts. I would have to disagree with you also Shelyn, or at least call you idyllistic, especially for Japan. With Japanese women money can buy you love. (Don't forget that for some people it's not the man, but so much as their 'role in society', so having a rich husband/bf, who can help them be higher up in society, whatever, not sure how to put this.) Anyway, I know that my youth won't last forever, and I might myself one day need to be blowing money. I've actually had a conversation with my girlfriend recently where she was saying "Money isn't important to me.", and I was saying "Maybe not now, but it will be."

I'm planning on getting her a good gift from my upcoming trip to the states. We'll see if the sex is really kinky after that.

Comment

ask tony

"In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the woman."

for more answers to lifes quandries:

http://www.jgeoff.com/scarface/quotes.html

Comment

I get it!

Okay...okay i get what all you GUYS are saying....but for Gods sake you cant be serious with all your points! Maybe i dont know the world/society as much as you all do but c`mon you cant be telling me that all the happiness you have in life ,all the sex you get and all the love you feel aint because of you but the "Main man" is "Money"!? It aint because of the kind of person you are or because your true self is the best or even because you`re good in bed etc....its simple because you have money...sad! I know in this world "Money Talks" and gives an extra nudge to things but......ahh you know what....nothing i would write would matter...so i give up....i have the right to my thinking and you guys have the right to yours.

PS:Those imaginery situations you guys come up with....only happen in movies.And not necessarily things will turn out the way you have hypothesized it to be.

Comment

I know in this world "Money Talks" and gives an extra nudge to things but......ahh you know what....nothing i would write would matter...so i give up....
                            Shelyn,
                            Don't just give up like that. Didn't them high school cheers teach you nuttin'? You've actually got me quite intrigued about this concept of love without money. Do you have some sort of bartering system in mind? Please explore this further because I'm not sold yet. If you can sell me on your idea, I might be willing to fund your research. But be wary of falling in love with me because that would run counter to your hypothesis. Maybe we could discuss this over a romantic but inexpensive dinner. PM me with an offer.

Comment

An epiphany

Let's show them that we love them!...What are you gonna buy your special someone? Who can beat 15 large?
                              Whaaaaa? Oh, then I read the rest. I like contests, but I think everyone on here would choke if the price tag goes over 10,000 Yen. Except maybe GdM, he seems like the type that would pump some serious cash into his g/f.
                              Letsee, I bought and built my gf a computer and hooked up Internet (Parts and Labour : 〜10万). Bought a digital camera, case and memory stick (〜4万). Aside from that, rings and ****, but those rarely go over 1万 a piece.

The nice thing about giving money to women is that they find the most innovative ways to give it back.

Comment

Working...
                              X