X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get work VISA in country?

I have secured a teaching job in Nishinomiya. While I am assured that I have the job, I have now been told that they are behind on their paper work and there is a chance I will not be able to get my work visa before we leave for Japan on August 22.

1.) May I enter Japan as a tourist and get my work visa in Japan after the paperwork is finished?

2.) I only have one-way tickets, will I still be able to enter as a tourist?

3.) If I have to leave the country to get a work visa, may I just go to Korea, instead of all the way back to the U.S. Also, I am bringing my husband and my 2-year-old daughter. Will they have to leave the country too?

Any knowledge about this would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Get work VISA in country?

Has ANYONE on the board been able to get their work VISA while in Japan?

Comment

Re: Get work VISA in country?

1. Nope not usually
      2. Difficult to answer as Immigrations normally wants exit tickets
      3. Yes you can go to a third country. Husband and daughter might have to go too.
      you seem to be placing yourself into a real messy situation. Is your husband coming on a tourist visa? if he is he will have to leave after 3 or 6 months(if he gets an extension)> So your costs will go up especially with round trip tickest to Korea or another country , hotel and so forth. If I was you I would consider delaying my departure date until I had that visa locked up in my passport.

Comment

One-wat ticket inquiry

I am an Australian coming to Japan early Nov on a Toursit visa in order to marry my japanese fiance. Thereafter we will get married and subsequently I will apply for a Spouse visa,enabling me to seek paid work.

My question regards arriving at immigration in possession of a one-way ticket. I have arranged for my fiance to send me a validated letter stating our/my intent for travelling to Japan and the reason why I have a one-way ticket not a return. (in tandem with photographic and financial evidence that our relationship is genuine) I have visited and telephoned the Japanese consulate in Sydney and asked them, they tell me that there is no hard and fast rule regarding arriving in Japan with only a one-way ticket. Australians can remain in the country for up to 90 days without a visa but there seems to be a very large grey area concerning whether one needs to travel on a return ticket.

Can the voice(s) of reason please speak to me as the situation is causing m,y a little bit o stress.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X