X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Idiot, Stop Idling!

Seriously, whats with all the damn idling? Outside my house and along all the somewhat busy streets there is always lines of chumps sleeping/reading manga, watching TV in their car with the engine on and idling! Its insane! Its mostly at night as well....so it isn`t hot enough to have to use the AC!

I don`t know about Australia/NZ/UK but on the left coast of America.......I don`t think I have seen people idle in their cars like this! Is it normal to idle in Europe/Oz etc?

I am thinking of making some stickers to slap on idiot idlers windshields.....lets start a "no idling" campaign! If the local governments cared about air pollution, idling while sleeping/reading manga/wanking in the backseat would be illegal.

Got to agree with you JT, I get these idiots near my house too and that they p*ss me off as well. And it does not happen in Australia either. They must be looking for quiet place to escape to without thinking of the fumes and noise that they generate. I just think that it is kind of sad that they don't just go home.

Comment

new law

Better yet, why don't you pass a new law that requires car manufacturer's to make all new cars zero-emission and electric or something?

Comment

They have no emotions. They are in love with themselves. Kick them in the head if you get the chance. They will have nothing to say. Beat them black and blue. F**k it, let them huff glue instead of poisoining OUR country. These idling fools need to be put out to the curb with all the other rubbish. Carry on. Ignore this. No feelings.
        Last edited by Hal Sidewinder; 2004-09-04, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Off with our heads

... and as for those who spend their time idling here when we could be out righting wrongs and saving the planet ... "Off with our heads!"
          Last edited by stillnosheep; 2004-09-10, 04:14 PM. Reason: illiteracy

Comment

The devil finds work for idle hands to do

i bet if the homeless in Hibiya park had cars they'd all be in there having gay sex and reading mangas all day with the car idling..

Comment

they have to idle in their car coz all the isle space to read the magazines at the konbini is taken! theyll go as soon as there is some space there...

Comment

Too late...

Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn
                Seriously, whats with all the damn idling? Outside my house and along all the somewhat busy streets there is always lines of chumps sleeping/reading manga, watching TV in their car with the engine on and idling! Its insane! Its mostly at night as well....so it isn`t hot enough to have to use the AC!

I don`t know about Australia/NZ/UK but on the left coast of America.......I don`t think I have seen people idle in their cars like this! Is it normal to idle in Europe/Oz etc?

I am thinking of making some stickers to slap on idiot idlers windshields.....lets start a "no idling" campaign! If the local governments cared about air pollution, idling while sleeping/reading manga/wanking in the backseat would be illegal.
                You're kidding right? I *just* watched a story about the "no idling" campaign that the government is trying to make fly here in Kansai. They're primarily targeting taxis, and there are actually cars that shut off when they stop moving for a period of time.

Comment

Campaign, yes. Substantial results, Not. Kyoto seems to be getting a little better, though. Even a journey of a thousand steps.............yada yada yada

Comment

I need to brush my teeth.

Originally posted by kurogane
                    Campaign, yes. Substantial results, Not. Kyoto seems to be getting a little better, though. Even a journey of a thousand steps.............yada yada yada
                    Right, the whole thing seemed a little silly at the time. The problem is that oyaji wants to idle his car. It's 900 degrees out. He's in dingleberry nowhere with nothing to do. He's gonna idle his car and take a cool, radio-entertained nap.

My point was just that the original poster said that they were going to try to get a campaign going. No need. It's going. Air should be clean any day now.

Comment

Originally posted by StinkyGaijin
                      My point was just that the original poster said that they were going to try to get a campaign going. No need. It's going. Air should be clean any day now.
                      Yes, I'm breathing easier already!

May I suggest the old tail-pipe potato trick? Ah, but I don't think it will work with the car actually running... pity.

Comment

i think the tail-pip potato trick works ONLY when the car is running..
                        genius idea tho.

Comment

Originally posted by gentleman quality
                          i think the tail-pip potato trick works ONLY when the car is running..
                          genius idea tho.
                          Actually, it never works.

Comment

if youre such a scientician, where does the exhaust go then?

Comment

Maybe StinkyGaijin just inhales?

Um, well I've never tried it but I had heard that you need to put it in the tail pipe while the car is stopped. (to avoid getting burnt??)

And just placing one inside would not work, I think. You need one that has a greater circumference than the tailpipe. Then poke it in with a few taps from a hammer.

Come to think of it, the pressure build up would be rather quick. I wouldn't want to be standing there trying to load a running car...

There's a reason its called "potato surprise" - and it's not something your Aunt Bethel brought to the potluck dinner!

I don't believe its just urban folklore, dammit! Somebody volunteer to go out and try it! We need reports!

Comment

Working...
                              X