X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Japan......

I know this is the 'Coming to Japan' forum, but i know there are a lot of wise people over here, and i need help to leave japan!!

In particular i need some advice on the best and easiest way to disconnect my apartment utilities.......

ie. ntt phone, power, gas, water. My japanese is very poor, and any advice would be appreciated.

thanks......

Originally posted by cleffyboy
    I know this is the 'Coming to Japan' forum, but i know there are a lot of wise people over here, and i need help to leave japan!!

In particular i need some advice on the best and easiest way to disconnect my apartment utilities.......

ie. ntt phone, power, gas, water. My japanese is very poor, and any advice would be appreciated.

thanks......

You are probably going to need to have some one make a call for you to arrange for service to be stopped, either you can call by telephone and in the case of gas and water a serviceman will need to come and read the meter so they can calculate the bill. You will likely need to be home but you can check with the utility company as they may be able to do it form outside. My guess is they will tell you what you need to pay up the amount until the day you want service connected. So you will need to tell them when you want to disconnect the gas etc, and how much you owe and pay by bank transfer. You dont say if you are paying for the utility bills but you may need to keep some money in your account to cover the final bill.

Some Japanese words you may need to use;

Phone (kaisen, denwa-sen)
    gas (gasu)
    water charge (suidoryo)
    electricity charge (denkiryo)
    (gas) bill (seikyuusho)
    pay (shiharai, osameru)

I want to stop........ ( ) o tomeritai , ( ) o tomete itadakitai.

I want to pay the final bill (watashi wa saigo no seikyusho o osameratai no desu)

Comment

Thanks Mate!!

Cheers for yr great reply... yeah, will be paying all the bills before we leave, hopefully by cash as we're closing all of our accounts. Maybe we can sweet-talk our landlord to help us, as i guess its in their interest that we disconnect everything properly....

thanks again....

Comment

Working...
      X